Traders Policy

    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by JC.)
    You wont get a traders policy if you've got 6 points for no insurance.
    Much more than two issues on your licence with a code starting "SP" and you've got big problems. Trade policys are very strict on what you can and can't do.
    Some traders policys can restrict the driver in various ways i.e cannot drive a car over 2.0 litres if under 21, but can sit in for a test drive with a punter.

    Trade plates are a seperate issue all together.
    If a car has tax on it, it is illegal to display a trade plate and there's a risk of them being confiscated.
    Trade plates are ONLY to be used as a means of driving a car on the road which has a valid MOT, is being driven on a trade insurance policy, but does NOT have a valid tax disk.
    What on earth are you on about?? My licence is clean, and im not even talking about trade plates, im talking about being a named driver on a traders policy. And the car is a 1.3.

    They were talking about the potential consequences of having insurance that is not valid. Then JC expanded on this point, and also answered a query about the usage of trade plates. Nobody ever assumed you had 6 points on your licence.
    • Thread Starter

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.