When did YOU first say "I love you" Watch

blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
probably when i was 4 and playing with action man and another doll. i was doing the voices and action man said "i love you"

To an actual girl 16
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My now husband texted it to me after 2 weeks of dating :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
CC2010
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love hearing stories like this.

OP: Never. Was in a relationship (my one and only) for 8 months with my best friend but broke up with him because of cultural issues. However, deep down I knew that I loved him but I didn't want to say it to him.

But, we did text "love ya" to each other over Xmas before we got together *don't laugh* as we were really good friends.. And I stupidly texted it to him AFTER we broke up. But I've never actually said it.
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The first time around, I was 15 and it would have been about two/three months into the relationship- I said it first. The second time, I was 19, we'd been together three months and he said it first whilst we were lying around cuddling. It was cute, I knew it was coming
poppies95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've said it many of times to past boyfriends, but realised I never meant it at all. Me and my current boyfriend have been together for almost 5 months now. Still haven't said it yet.
AndyJay123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think the first time I ever told someone who wasn't my family was with my ex. About 3 months into our relationship we decided to go out for a few days and stay in a hotel. I remember when we was cuddling up I said it to her and she said it back. It was lovely a cosey bed, cuddles, and what appeared to be the perfect girl at the time - a guy couldn't ask for more.

Anyway we're no longer together as she's moved back home from finishing uni and we hardly got to see each other :/ 22months.. sigh.
sweeter than a cherry pie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was 16, we'd had a bit of a whirlwind romance and were about to be parted as he was due to return to university. I first told him I loved him on the platform just before he got onto the train to leave, then sobbed as it pulled away... We were together for nearly three years!
Anonymous #6
Report 7 years ago
We were lying in my bed, kissing and such things. I pulled away and he asked me if I was okay and I just blurted out 'I love you, I love you so so much. We were both quite drunk, and he responded by kissing me. A little bit later he said it back. By this point I'd known him for almost 18 months, fancied him for almost all that time. I waited until a very long time after I realised I was in love with him to say it.

Unfortunately things are very very complicated and we're not actually together, nor does it look like we'll be able to get together. I wish that were possible.
kelsief
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've said it through social networking sites and text and such when i was 14/15 but i don't really think i meant it and we said it after only a few days! With current serious boyfriend though we haven't said it to each other yet. I want to say it in person. We've only been together 2 and a half months so I personally think it's too soon to say it nor do i think i'm quite there yet. But I can see myself being with him for a long time and seriously falling for him!
Freemason33
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never yet haha no point i dont want to be too much in love

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Small update about my own situation.. it's now been about 3 months and the hinting has got so obvious it's hilarious.
I've fallen for him big time no doubt about it, and I know he has too. It's been said in the most cryptic way possible, we just haven't said those three little words quite yet. I want to do that in person!
username239687
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girlfriend in halls, took a lot to say it tbh.
suz6690
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never!
Pen Island
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last week He had said it before, but I wasn't ready. We were lay in bed just saying "Guess what... *stupid thing*" like we do 'cause we're silly people, and then I replaced *stupid thing* with I love you Greatest moment ever

Edit: He then said it back and we hugged it out... Then had some fantastic sex
Zeegie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Absolutely never.
ranbow99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it bad that I can't remember with my ex who said it first and when? :erm:

But anyway, he said it was me who said it first, but I don't remember, maybe I was drunk or something :sad: But roughly 3 or 4 months into the relationship
Effervescent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Face to face, probably a month after talking. Through text, a week later, haha.

Been with my current girlfriend for about a month now and I didn't really want to be the one to say it first. She was going away on holiday so at the bus stop - before leaving - she turned around and said "I love you." Was a bit taken aback but I said it back. I don't know if I really feel it right now, but my feelings are still there.
bobbieare
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've never said it and won't anytime soon
Agenda Suicide
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I first said it when I first fell in love.

When after the honeymoon period, about 7/8 months, spending a lot of time with said person and my heart was still racing in anticipation to see them, I still got excited about just being with them, I was content being out doing something or just sat talking, when I was so proud to just be associated with them. It was a crazy feeling. It's just a weird feeling. Not sure how old I was exactly...
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you really love the person and feel confident in your relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads