ManBeast
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do a sandwich the night before, put it in a container in the fridge. Then I don't have to worry about doing it in the morning, just pick it up and that's lunch sorted when the time comes!

I tend to plan my meals in advance, I don't like not knowing where I am going to eat dinner etc!!
StacFace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GuyUK)
People that work in your pub get charged for food? I though it was common practice, that pubs or restaurant provide free food for staffs. I used to work as a waiter at a restaurant, and all the food and drink was free.
Yep, I've heard of fast food chains giving you a free meal but never from pubs or restaurants. Maybe it's just common in your area and/or uncommon in mine?
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
I normally make my lunch although that depends on whether my housemates have left any room in the fridge for me and whether I've had time to get to the shops.

Yesterday was roasted new potatoes, salad and ham. Delicious but a bit of an effort to make. Don't like sandwiches though and don't find them enough for lunch.

Work have a really good canteen so I can buy food at work. A massive bowl of soup is only 80p so that's normally first choice when I don't bring lunch.
vickie89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
when i did have a job and when im on placement i take lunch with me. i cant afford to buy it everyday.

i sort it all out before i go to bed, which includes making up a bottle of squash to go with me as well, but then again im also the type of person who gets my clothes and bag ready the night before as well so that i can just get up, wash, chuck clothes on, grab my bag and my lunch from the fridge and be out the door in 15minutes.

i usually have sandwiches with a yoghurt, biscuit, maybe a small sausage roll as well, depends what i have at home. if ive made something like tuna pasta bake/creamy chicken/lasagne/potato bake theres usually 2/3 meals worth there so ill pop a portion of it in a box and take that instead or if i fancy a change from sandwiches i might make myself pasta, tuna and cheese to take instead.

on rare occasions when i dont take lunch - usually due to forgetting to make it the night before, being too tired and just collapsing in bed, being too busy to make it or just those unexpected times when the bread has gone mouldy/ran out, then i do buy myself lunch, or on the last day of placement i usually treat myself to a meal in the restaurant upstairs. ill probably spend about £4.50 but thats for a proper meal such as chicken korma and rice with a drink and chocolate bar so not too bad as a rare treat.
bellazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i bring my lunch from home to save money and as well as to eat quality food
biffyclyro27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not in work at the moment, but at my placement year I just bought lunch at the canteen. I usually got a baguette, made with whatever I wanted in it, which between £2 - 3. The only reason I did that was because I had to get up at 6AM to get to work, so I didn't really want to faff about in the morning with lunch, and I couldn't be arsed in the evening.

If my next job is more of a later start, I will probably try and make my own. It is a lot cheaper...
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Canteen at work. I probably spend about £5 per day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads