Drinking Water Watch

abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
I've recently realised that I am only drinking one glass of water every few days.

I have a glass of orange juice in the morning, orange squash/pepsi mid morning, pepsi for lunch, pepsi again mid afternoon, milk for dinner and pepsi or orange squash at night.

(If Pepsi lost most of their customers, I guess i'd be enough to keep them in business )

I was kind of surprised when I realised that I hardly drink water. I don't like the taste of it, so I think that's why I never really thought of it as a drink.

Today I have had three glasses so far, trying to do one glass each hour.

What benefits will I get from drinking more water? (And don't say 'it helps your cells' because that means nothing to me :P)
I don't drink much water either. I drink tons of tea and coffee, and that's about it, except for a glass of juice if I feel like I want sugar, or water if I'm really, really thirsty or if I'm at the gym.

I do realise I need to drink more water though. When I have blood tests they always tell me my veins are hard to find and this is because I don't drink enough water. Also I'm prone to bladder and kidney infections.

So long as you don't have any health problems you probably are getting enough water
hawkesy_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drinking squash is much better for you than drinking pepsi (edit, i said water before, face palm), because of the low sugar concentration. And in regards to things like pepsi max, again I wouldn't recommend.
Besides the fact water is a better hydrator it will also prevent your teeth rotting in comparison to pepsi. I drink at least 4-5 litres of water a day and have done for the past few months. You'll go to the toilet a lot but you'll feel so much better, more alert and its good for your skin. It's a good idea to drop the pepsi quite so frequently and switch it for a water.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you considered diluting water with Ribena (or similar concentrated drinks)?
A7d8i6l
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You should only drink when you are thirsty!! You can die from overconsumption.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I gave up having a glass every hour. It gave me a headache (along with this weather )

The water in my area is hard water, so it has limescale or something in which makes it look disgusting (he has tiny white bits floating around in it) as well as taste horrible.

I can't give up the Pepsi! But I will try and drink water when I am thirsty, instead of pepsi (but I will still have some! :P)
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Junaid96)
They be saying that sleep also helps you to stop feeling tired - give it a try
Ah but therein lies the other problem, I do, and always have, slept really very badly. I tend to only get about 6 or 7 hours proper sleep a night, but even that is very bad quality sleep and very light. Sometimes I get less than 4, just from lying awake. It sucks but there you go
Rybee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
3l of water, bottled only - of which I think volvic is the nicest tasting.

hardly used to drink water but kidney stones have since said otherwise...
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by A7d8i6l)
You should only drink when you are thirsty!! You can die from overconsumption.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
To die from drinking too much water you have to literally be drinking pint after pint for hours on end. There was a story in one of those ****ty magazines who went on a 'water diet' for her wedding, where all she consumed was water. She was downing pint after pint and eventually died. You sometimes hear of people over-drinking water when they're up on E too, although that's usually because you very easily dehydrate when you're on E, so you drink to make sure you stay hydrated, but end up drinking too much because you're so into it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.57%
They might tell the bully (7)
12.5%
I don't think they'd understand (11)
19.64%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
33.93%
There's nothing they could do (17)
30.36%

Watched Threads