?
Report 7 years ago
I hate it. It's 27 here. Too hot, there's no breeze either. *lurks inside*
just george
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hmm, i like it up to this sort of temperature.. nicer when theres a breeze, but cant have it all I just like being able to be outside in a tshirt in the evening without freezing my arse off

On the other hand, i cant understand people who go on holiday to places where its mid-high 30s.. just too hot to do anything :L
Purple Giraffe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just hate it because no matter how long I lie out in the sun with factor 15 on, I NEVER tan! What even is that!? The only way I tan is when I burn first, but my mum used to do that and has now been told to minimise the amount of time she spends in the sun as much as possible. I'm so ridiculously white and people just love to point it out.

I also find it pretty boring sunbathing, and it's particularly awkward as my neighbours can see right into my garden :/ I agree that the days when it's warm enough not to need a jacket, but not so hot it's painful are the best. Dresses and shorts do nothing for me..
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do! I am not a heat person and much prefer wind and rain to high temperatures.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by just george)
hmm, i like it up to this sort of temperature.. nicer when theres a breeze, but cant have it all I just like being able to be outside in a tshirt in the evening without freezing my arse off

On the other hand, i cant understand people who go on holiday to places where its mid-high 30s.. just too hot to do anything :L
Neither do I. I always sweat like Lee Evens in those situations.
kevin s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
prefer winter so much more, rain, snow and Christmas :P
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
I have very fair skin that burns easily, so no i do not like the sun. I hate feeling hot and sweating also. Summer in the evening is fine with me, but midday sun is just stupid.
acer0951
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
U kinda learn to hate it when ur fasting! :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Leahcar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate the feeling of being all hot and bothered, the sunburn (I'm a redhead too so I need to be out in the sun for approx. 10 seconds to get sunburned!!) and the fact that everyone and their granny is out in next to nothing. And I hate the fact that the heat makes you completely powerless and you just feel limp and lifeless. But there's something purely epic about the sun.. it makes me feel happy. For about 10 minutes of the day, until all these horrible side effects kick in, I'm the happiest girl in the world when I see a bit of sun
EllaBeth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kirsty_strachan)
I agree, I'm in Scotland and there hasn't been one sunny, hot day this summer. If you don't like the heat just move here!

This is the warmest its been all summer in scotland... where I live it's forecast to rain in about 2 hours...
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go away. We haven't had any proper sun in Scotland since May (and then I was stuck inside doing bloody revision) and I am sick of grey skies and rain day after day after day!!! Longest summer of my life and I can't even enjoy myself outside. Only positive thing I can say is that at least I live somewhere hilly so I'm not flooded, and there's no hurricanes.

SEND ME YOUR SUNSHINE!!!!

Here's an idea. Everyone complaining about the heat can move into my house in Scotland and you can have all the grey skies and rain you want. Just you watch. After a week of it your soul will die. Enjoy.
pseudonymegg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Flyteryder)
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?
agreed!
plus this...
Name:  1.1245534398.slightly-sunburnt.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  45.2 KB
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh British people, never happy.

(Im British btw)
Kirsty_strachan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
Go away. We haven't had any proper sun in Scotland since May (and then I was stuck inside doing bloody revision) and I am sick of grey skies and rain day after day after day!!! Longest summer of my life and I can't even enjoy myself outside. Only positive thing I can say is that at least I live somewhere hilly so I'm not flooded, and there's no hurricanes.

SEND ME YOUR SUNSHINE!!!!
Agree!! Everyone stop complaining about it being hot and sunny, I would love it to be over 20C and sunny! Instead I have been stuck inside all summer because of the rain

Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate it. It's too hot and no breeze. I feel like an ant under a magnifying glass.
LannaBanana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate it too. I get headaches, I feel lethargic and to be honest I like it when it's grey skies and windy!! Everyone thinks I'm weird haha.
Id and Ego seek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's the worst: I'm constantly hot and uncomfortable, and I've suffered from heat exhaustion twice. Not to mention waking up in a pool of your own sweat isn't the greatest feeling ever - unbelievably grim.
But, it does provide a great excuse for my social anxiety and being a recluse :teehee:
tsrstar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish it would rain and thunder instead
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I prefer a blue sky than a grey one, but the heat just drives me mad. Then at night when you want to go to sleep, it gets too hot and stuffy and its just a right pain. Anything 10-20 degrees and i am fine, anything above 20 and well it just annoys me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads