25%
Kate Middleton (204)
75%
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it depends what you are focusing on. Theres things about both of them that I think are worth looking up to and things about both of them that are definitely not.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd certainly rather sit down with a cup of tea and have a chat to the duchess of cambridge than katie price.
Foghorn Leghorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
I'd certainly rather sit down with a cup of tea and have a chat to the duchess of cambridge than katie price.
I'd sit down with both of them to have a chat, I'm sure both are interesting and nice people. They just aren't the best sort of role model.
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by o Rebecca o)
What makes Adele a good role model?
She's a talented singer and song writer, she doesn't starve herself or take off her clothes to sell her music, she's funny, down to earth and seems like a nice girl, the sort you could easily be friends with.

Basically Adele is someone who says to young girls that you can be very successful based on your talents on not on your sex appeal.
Solid.Snake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kate Middleton wins hands down!
Katie Price is just a desperate attention seeking ****, at least Kate Middleton has class...
Happy-Turtle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
op, you want to be bffs?
Aramiss18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They are both equally unskilled, uninspiring and, for the reasons they are famous, poor role models.
alittlepixiedust-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went Kate Middleton - if I had a daughter I'd rather she turned out to be a woman with a bit of class than an attention seeking plastic woman.
Aramiss18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Historophilia)
She's a talented singer and song writer, she doesn't starve herself or take off her clothes to sell her music, she's funny, down to earth and seems like a nice girl, the sort you could easily be friends with.

Basically Adele is someone who says to young girls that you can be very successful based on your talents on not on your sex appeal.
Being slim =/= starving oneself. She's not down to earth as she has complained publicly about paying tax despite profiting from the taxpayer all the other years of her life. Source http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...tax-grievances

But I do agree on your other points- she's very talented and thus a better role model than the two in the OP.
Fusion
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How does Kate Middleton have class? Any idiot can don fancy clothes paid for by daddy, doesn't say anything about having integrity and that sort of sttuff. Is Bob Diamond a man of class? What about the guy stabbed on the bus and said he could forgive his attacker, does this guy have no class because he doesn't wear expensive clothes.
Foghorn Leghorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do people keep saying middleton has better class. No she doesn't get her tits out but is there something emperically wrong with modeling your body for money? It doesn't automatically make price a bad person. Both seem to be pleasant enough people. Both seem to care about their family the difference is one gets paid for doing a job the other married a prince.
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
I'd sit down with both of them to have a chat, I'm sure both are interesting and nice people. They just aren't the best sort of role model.
From what I've seen in interviews with katie price she's probably not going to want to talk about the same kinds of things that I want to talk about. With the duchess of cambridge, however, I think she's intelligent and knowledgeable enough to be able to talk about a wide variety of topics without coming off as ignorant.
the_alba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither of these women come anywhere close to being a good role model for anybody. How can you not see that?
Historophilia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aramiss18)
Being slim =/= starving oneself. She's not down to earth as she has complained publicly about paying tax despite profiting from the taxpayer all the other years of her life. Source http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...tax-grievances

But I do agree on your other points- she's very talented and thus a better role model than the two in the OP.
To be as slim as many female singers you don't eat normally that's for certain.

To be honest I think many people would actually agree with her and she's not following the lovey crowd in saying so. She's being honest about her opinions which aren't fashionable ones and which aren't the done thing in media and the music industry. That's what I call down to earth, she doesn't blindly parrot what others say and speaks her mind.
cid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither are very good role models, but to be honest people that are influenced by role models are nothing but sheep anyway and any influence held over them is only fleeting until the next flavour of the month appears, people should stop living vicariously through 'celebrities' and see what they are missing for themselves.
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The concept of role models is overrated anyway.
Strawberrycayk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Thebigfudge85)
Niether, One is famous for marrying a prince, the other for getting her tits out. JK Rowling, Michelle Mone etc are strong female role models
Agreed!

Deborah Meaden, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Austen and Gabrielle Chanel are a few good role models.
Strawberrycayk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ice Constricter)
The concept of role models is overrated anyway.
If we're counting fictional characters then Cersei Lannister is a good role model if you excuse the incest and her love of killing people. :h:
Aoide
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Price, as much as her proffession may not be the most respected she worked to get where she is. She may have been born with the potential to be a model but her success within the industry is down to her. Constantly drawing attention appears to be a bad thing but it works and turning down chances doesn't get you anywhere. As much as you can dislike her methods she is undeniably a good buisness woman.

Kate middleton on the other hand has no particularly outstanding traits. Her position is entirely down to her family and husband. Because of her position we assume she has admirable traits but this is compltely unfounded. She has never shown any more integrity, responsability or class than an average person. When in the spotlight she acts in a classy way but so would anyone about to marry a prince. Being a princess may make her classy but that isn't due to any if her traits which is what I think a role model should do- show traits we should aspire for.
Cannotbelieveit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Middleton obviously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads