GingerBeard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Shmiley)
I can't stand people who boast about smoking weed, like 15 year olds who think they're suddenly cooler and better than me because they know people who can buy weed for them and they smoke it. I have no problem really with people smoking weed, but it's when they brag about it and think they're really cool about it, just really annoys me. Anyone else share this view?
Completely agree. I hate it when you go on videos on YouTube and there is a top comment about weed, something like, for example on a documentary about drugs (I like documentaries ), 'this is why you should just stick with weed kids' or on a music video 'listening to this song high makes it so much better!!!'.

I'm cool with the legalisation of weed though, I think it would be a good thing. Maybe it would stop being the cool thing to do and there would be less of this sort of stuff

(Original post by Astronomical)
Posted this in another similar thread.
I sort of agree with you here too. I think that people should be educated about drugs and using them rather than trying to deter people from using them by imposing drug laws. Because this just allows the black market to thrive even more, right? I don't know though. I'm still really in the process of forming these opinions
EonBlueApocalypse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only rational view is that all drugs should be legalised. However, the hoards of uneducated, ignorant people on the matter, are a huge obstacle to this.
_Shmiley
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I agree that they should be legalized, mainly to stop it being mixed with other stuff and just to try and get a hold on it and also so 15 year olds don't go having it because they think its all cool because its illegal and stuff, it would help things. I mainly have a problem with people bragging about it because they take an illegal drug :rolleyes:
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone boasting about weed would make me laugh. It is in my opinion the least cool drug because of the stoner culture that is associated with it. With class As you are taking more of a risk so people think it makes you look hard but most of the time the people who talk about it most are the ones who do it the least. Its like Frankie Cocozza off x factor, he obviously is trying his hardest to be a rebel which is so uncool, serious users would quietly get on with it. But at least he actually takes serious drugs, doing the same sort of thing for weed is very embarrassing.
brunettej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thinking about drugs makes me dizzy and sick (pretty weird) . Never ever want to try them
jordanosborn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by brunettej)
Thinking about drugs makes me dizzy and sick (pretty weird) . Never ever want to try them
Might I suggest some paracetamol. Oh wait that's a drug isn't it ?
ash77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because they are just trying to be "cool." People that actually get pleasure from something don't brag about it. SO if you see someone bragging about weed or any other thing, you can be almost certain that they are just poor devils trying to make an impression.
Conzy210
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I never had anything against drugs until I did a work experience placement at my local magistrates court last week, it really opened my eyes as to the negative effects drugs have on people, with about 75% of cases having drug addiction or alcoholism as the main cause or at least an contributing factor. Obviously not everyone who takes drugs will be involved in crime though, and I'm sure lots of people manage to smoke weed or even take more 'hardcore' drugs regularly with it effecting their lives only a small bit but once you're hooked you really are in trouble.

Also, from a personal viewpoint, I find the resultant 'come down' too much of a negative that it didn't really outweigh the positive for me anyway, and the only time I take anything now is if I've had a drink first and the temptation overcomes me.
megan.c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GingerBeard)
Completely agree. I hate it when you go on videos on YouTube and there is a top comment about weed, something like, for example on a documentary about drugs (I like documentaries ), 'this is why you should just stick with weed kids' or on a music video 'listening to this song high makes it so much better!!!'.

I'm cool with the legalisation of weed though, I think it would be a good thing. Maybe it would stop being the cool thing to do and there would be less of this sort of stuff
First bit is probably a joke, the second bit is probably true! (Though whether the viewer wants to find out for yourself is up to them :P)
Pitt1988
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Those that are bragging about it probably haven't actually done it, or extremely over-exaggerate a couple of draws on a zoot to caning the whole thing.

I never once boasted about that stuff when I was that age, didn't want mum and dad finding out
Dr. Bassman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I talk about weed a lot, because it's really really great and I really really like it. Weed isn't cool anyway. People stereotype you as a loser who just gets high all day.
spazman21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Suetonius)
Some substances are worth it. I enjoy weed and alcohol, hate tobacco (inc. passive smoking), and would particularly like to try mushrooms, acid, mescaline, DMT and salvia (in that order of priority). MDMA, ket, mephedrone, speed and cocaine are "meh" for me.
I suggest you smoke low-dose DMT first (if you can get hold of it that is) since it's very gentle as an introductory psychedelic. The longer trips are little more unrelenting if something goes wrong. Salvia's pretty whack if you ask me but MDMA is awesome the first 2 or 3 times you do it, then it get's pretty boring. No where near as interesting or insightful as psychedelics. With MDMA, I feel most people get the message the first time they do it but repeated use isn't nearly as interesting as repeated psychedelic use.

I love the high from stimulants as well, although the few times I've done coke have not been great... pretty overrated drug if you ask me.
Dr. Bassman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by megan.c)
First bit is probably a joke, the second bit is probably true! (Though whether the viewer wants to find out for yourself is up to them :P)
Second bit is definitely true. Music is always better on drugs. Always.
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Shmiley)
I can't stand people who boast about smoking weed, like 15 year olds who think they're suddenly cooler and better than me because they know people who can buy weed for them and they smoke it. I have no problem really with people smoking weed, but it's when they brag about it and think they're really cool about it, just really annoys me. Anyone else share this view?
yeah bragging about it is silly because there's nothing impressive about smoking it, but it's still a ****ing awesome and misunderstood plant.
spazman21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, weed is seriously overrated. I don't get it...
ShowMeYourSpine
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't stand people that boast full stop. Doesn't matter what it is they're boasting about.
t-swiper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pseudonymegg)
weed is for pussies it's all about methamphetamine!!!

Attachment 164601
Looooooooooooool your nuts. And weed is just a boredom killer
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Astronomical)
Posted this in another similar thread.
It's a good point. The argument can also be made that medically drugs such as Ecstasy and LSD are less biologically harmful and addictive than legalised drugs such as Nicotine and Alcohol.
iSoftie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Legalising weed won't help anyone. An eighth won't be £20 it'll be around £30 due to taxes BUN DAT!

Andddddd...............
I've got a lot of "wasteman" friends who smoke weed everyday due to "there's nothing else to do" they really have no motivation in life, get **** grades and wouldn't care if they got a **** 9 to 5 minimum waged job just so they can buy their bags everyday -_-
I think a lot of people are wasting their lives on drugs because either they get addicted (I know another girl who gets MDMA comedowns and starts throwing up blood) or they end up lazy as a sloth and don't achieve anything :/
Also skunk/potent weed with bloody fantastic names: "Super Silver Haze (G12)", "G13" and a bit of other stuff are filled to the brim with chemicals. Probably causing schizophrenia due to abuse.
Kids like these strains of weed filled with THC and what else not they do not prefer the natural weed that hardly harms you "Homegrown".

Apart from that I don't know where my views on drugs stand o.o

P.S Those Kreayshawn-wannabes bloody hate them!
ESPORTIVA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pseudonymegg)
weed is for pussies it's all about methamphetamine!!!

Attachment 164601
Methamphetamines are for pussys its all about DMT!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed