Dipz_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tommosso)
done some significant research now! After paying the fees, too late i know. They are in rented offices, have set up 160+ companies. There seems to be 2-3 people running this scheme.

Dipz_1

Who interviewed you, and where was your interview? was you offered the job on the spot?
Some girl called *******. Yes she offered me the job on the spot but I said I would need to do a course within 1 month and pay a fee of £395. The only reason I did go ahead because it says the fee will be refunded after your first months pay. I really don't know what to do now, I mean they have sent me the course details and I have begun studying but Isit worth wasting my time? I did research the company before but clearly not enough.
Dipz_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Why didn't you two google the place before the interview?

You paid £5k - cheque? Cancel the cheque.
No - card payment.
tommosso
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dipz_1)
Some girl called *******. Yes she offered me the job on the spot but I said I would need to do a course within 1 month and pay a fee of £395. The only reason I did go ahead because it says the fee will be refunded after your first months pay. I really don't know what to do now, I mean they have sent me the course details and I have begun studying but Isit worth wasting my time? I did research the company before but clearly not enough. The interview was held at City point 1 Ropemaker Street.
That is the EXACT same as to what happened to me. I've also questioned whether it will be worth me studying?!?!

Also, it seems very odd that she told me there was ONE vacancy and i had got the position, which clearly isnt the case as you were offered it as well. Have you had any contact since receiving the training material??

Thanks.
Dipz_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is the EXACT same as to what happened to me. I've also questioned whether it will be worth me studying?!?!

Also, it seems very odd that she told me there was ONE vacancy and i had got the position, which clearly isnt the case as you were offered it as well. Have you had any contact since receiving the training material??

Thanks.
No I haven't heard anything from her yet but she said I should email her once a week and let her know how I'm getting on. She's basically just mis-sold us an e-learning course and charged a higher fee as the two exams are only £99 each on the Microsoft website. The worst part of it is I have never used active directory and this course just throws you into the deep end.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didnt find the job through advertising pages, i was phoned. Company is Iteamsupport.

Appears as though they are renting offices, and the HQ is in Billericay.
how did you find out where they are based? And have you seen anyone in person?
tommosso
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pride)
how did you find out where they are based? And have you seen anyone in person?
you can find ANYTHING on the internet if you look hard enough

Yes like the other fella, i had an interview with "*******".
Pride
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Yes like the other fella, i had an interview with "*******.
ok, where was the interview? What sort of place was it? Who interviewed you, was it just ******* by herself?
Dipz_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Yes like the other fella, i had an interview with "*******".
What to do now? That is the question...
tommosso
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What to do now? That is the question...
Inbox me your number....
Dipz_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pride)
ok, where was the interview? What sort of place was it? Who interviewed you, was it just ******* by herself?
I was given an interview for an IT helpdesk position, the building is called city point (1 ropemaker street smack in the middle of central london). the building itself is a really tall, all housed in glass.

Met the interviewer at the 10th floor, seemed nice enough, small talk on the way to her office (small room with a desk).

From there it was a short interview (less than 10minutes) , no difficult questions and no questions about my actual IT technical skills. After the questions she explained the company and the ‘role’, a 1 month e-learning training program (with iteam supports sister company, learning4u), followed by certification, and then a guaranteed role for £23,000 p.a.

Then she told me, all you have to do is pay £395 as a registration fee since we are willing to spend £3k - £5k on your trainging. If you pass you'll be refunded the fee in your first months pay.

Then out of desperation i thought why not as i'm currently unemployed and been searching for a job for over 6months.
Dipz_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Inbox me your number....
i have done.
tommosso
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was given an interview for an IT helpdesk position, the building is called city point (1 ropemaker street smack in the middle of central london). the building itself is a really tall, all housed in glass.

Met the interviewer at the 10th floor, seemed nice enough, small talk on the way to her office (small room with a desk).

From there it was a short interview (less than 10minutes) , no difficult questions and no questions about my actual IT technical skills. After the questions she explained the company and the ‘role’, a 1 month e-learning training program (with iteam supports sister company, learning4u), followed by certification, and then a guaranteed role for £23,000 p.a.

Then she told me, all you have to do is pay £395 as a registration fee since we are willing to spend £3k - £5k on your trainging. If you pass you'll be refunded the fee in your first months pay.

Then out of desperation i thought why not as i'm currently unemployed and been searching for a job for over 6months.

Again, very similar to my situation.

Although, might be worth making a note, i had to go to the 9TH FLOOR, which relates back to the fact the offices are rented.....

What do you plan to do?
Pride
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Again, very similar to my situation.

Although, might be worth making a note, i had to go to the 9TH FLOOR, which relates back to the fact the offices are rented.....

What do you plan to do?

What do you do? I think it's quite clearly a scam. She didn't ask for any details for you to be sent a salary: she didn't ask for your national insurance number, or proof of eligibility to work in the UK, any form of ID. These are the basics - a company would need these. She didn't ask for any references! Who pays that high a salary without asking for references?

Then there's the fact that they clearly don't have a permanent office. She's the only 'staff' of the 'company' you've come across. They also aren't paying for your training. A legitimate company with a specific qualification would fund it themselves. They would also interview you in detail about your skills and find out if you could commit, before spending so much on training you.

What to do now? Both of you should get the police involved. Give them as much info as possible. Even if somehow this isn't a scam, it's best to get them involved just in case, because they definitely would be suspicious of this.

And most of all stop giving them money. Please come back to update us though.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi i have come out of this interview offerd 24k and told to pay 450 for the exam costs.
Lucky i am reading this now as she said she ******* will call me later to takr payment via phone.
Its too good to be true so i will most prob try and say take iy.out my pay check and see what happens

Tottal scam. From what this convo is.

Pls post any updates or info guys if u have

Thanks
imabigboynow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im surprised people still fall for this scam. Have you guys not seen real hustle? If its too good to be true then it probably is. Its pretty heartless for them to do this to graduates though when they know theyre unemployed and struggling. You guys should do anything in your power to make sure they dont get away with this.

Im tempted to apply for this job, secretly record it then send it to Panorama or to the police.
tommosso
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by imabigboynow)
Im surprised people still fall for this scam. Have you guys not seen real hustle? If its too good to be true then it probably is. Its pretty heartless for them to do this to graduates though when they know theyre unemployed and struggling. You guys should do anything in your power to make sure they dont get away with this.

Im tempted to apply for this job, secretly record it then send it to Panorama or to the police.
PLEASE DO! I've sent documents and awaiting a response...
d.lal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
today i faced the similay interview. i did not pay.
kyoshin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did anyone manage to get their money back?
iTeamSupport
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dear Candidate

Just to clarify the interview process, iTeamSupport require all engineers to be certified on technologies we support. As you did not have the required certification to validateyour skills and knowledge you were referred to get certified, also we do have strict validation process.

As you are an anonymous user we can not respond to your experience.

Please refrain from slandering the company as we are in the process of tracking this review and will take legal action.

if you require further clarification on our interview process or any other service iTeamSupport offer, you can email me [email protected] or call 0844 351 0315

Kind Regards
sunflower102
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same thing happened to someone in my family recently, ******* wanted £500 and took copies of documents. Worried about identity fraud now. The phone is just answered with an 'hello' no company name, it just does not seem right, not a proper interview, no notes made at interview, job offered straightaway with salary of 'up to £27,000.00. Does anyone know if this company actually are in business. Maybe Monster need to know about this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads