TSR hits 1 million members: What first brought you to TSR? Watch

± Dan ±
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mainly the community brought me here, you can have a decent conversation with most people, and this site is really active so it keeps a lot of people visiting often i suppose.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I honestly can't remember... :eek:

Almost got 10,000 posts though
confuzzled92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A friend showed me Arsey's mark scheme for a math exam. I thought I might as well join.

Oh and we are not bigger than Cyprus... yet
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wanted to find past papers easily, people would upload them too on request, hence i wanted to join and be part of the growing community!

The community is buzzing, loads of topics to discuss, loads of laughs and jokes. You will get the odd trolling by other members but that's how it goes unfortunately.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was studying for my GCSEs when God told me to find a person named Acaila who resided on this website and has since left to feed koalas in a popular zoo in Australia, never to return.
Wild Horses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was researching information about studying pharmacy and came across this site which has proven to be a gold mine of information
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My ex-boyfriend told me about the D&D now D&CA foums. I went and had a read of them and decided to sign up to join in.

That was in early 2004. 8 years later I am still here (though now with more of a Life and Style focus) I have made lots of good friends and found a husband. TSR has seen my though A2 results, medical school and my first two years of working. Brilliant site!
Hazbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
seeking emotional solace after a tough exam

Erica241
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Waiting for GCSE result never signed up, but did during A-levels which I used a lot right now for A-Level result day and University stuff
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In late August 2011 when I first Googled what Freshers week was I came across a thread from this site. I still didn't join though. Many fresher threads later all throughout September I discovered that on TSR they didn't just discuss educational topics; they had forums on news and current affairs, relationships, religion, music and even motoring! :eek:

So near the end of September I was reading threads on all sorts of topics on TSR. Since I'd never joined a forum before this (if YouTube doesn't count) it never crossed my mind to actually click the sign up button. But one day in October it just hit me. Why couldn't I be a part of this? So I joined and haven't looked back since.
LETSJaM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Googling work experience for different degrees that I was fielding at the time.

This Honest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Came here at the end of year 12.

Was bored and didn't want to start A2 revision but thought, let me just see if I can find anything online and everytime I wrote something education-ey TSR would always be amongst the links on google.
Decided to join, didn't post much for a few days and boom!
cdoyle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by This Honest)
Came here at the end of year 12.

Was bored and didn't want to start A2 revision but thought, let me just see if I can find anything online and everytime I wrote something education-ey TSR would always be amongst the links on google.
Decided to join, didn't post much for a few days and boom!

yea I can relate to that. was sitting doing Home Economics coursework in A2 level year was a double period 80 minutes. quite boring getting each bit of the coursework I wrote marked and given back all the time. wish I had been on TSR sooner like for my GCSEs would have made English and French especially as they where AQA board exams more easy sailing if you catch my drift..... and discovering it for my A level Sciences from September 2007.
GEEKSruletheworld!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CJ)
TSR has hit 1 millions members! :woo:

In a series of threads, we're asking... What first brought you to TSR? and what made you sign up?

The most popular response we usually hear is people coming from Google for Study Help advice... is this the same as you?

Check out our other million member threads:

My teacher encouraged me to try it.
Miss O.C.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First came on for advice for my Psychology AS exam.

Signed up because... I dunno, it looked like fun?
JamalAhmed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was looking for help for GCSE and I realised there was quick response so signed up
acer0951
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Revision help for GCSE! Loads of people put some helpful advice!!

Whostolemycookie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was a cheating website....
I still love it though ; )

Swanbow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I was at university during my first year I was struggling and having a hard time adjusting. I was on the verge of dropping out so I joined this website in the hope that I could get some decent advice. In the end I did drop out, but in part thanks to the student forum I am now back at university and loving it. You're all a lovely bunch of people, and I would just like to say thanks to you all!
username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was looking for advice on degree courses and universities so I came across this website. I was just someone who looked but the website was so interesting that I decided to sign up. And now here I am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest