Horrible Thin Hair :( Watch

stac4321
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Firstly, I would go to your hairdressers and have them set you up with something that will give the illusion of longer hair (which would most likely be something along the lines of choppy layers with blunt ends).

Also you could have a bit of an experiment with shampoo to find one that suits your hair- some brands do shampoos for thin hair which are basically lighter and don't weight it down so much, others (I know boots own does one) which supposedly makes the hair thicker. I've heard baby shampoo and conditioner works well too as it's lighter and milder, so is less likely to damage the hair which in turn makes it look thin and spindley.

I use dry shampoo pretty much every morning on my roots regardless of the cleanliness of my hair as it just gives it lift and make it look fuller. I don't straighten or curl my hair but I do use mousse after washing it, then scrunch it up on top of my hair- it really works to make sort of big, voluminous waves. again, it's probably a case of experimenting to find a way that suits you, you could try those big 1950's hair rollers?

Finally, a quick fix solution would just be extensions but I would defo recommend that you stay away from fixed ones and go clip in all the way. They're a fraction of the price and won't damage your hair- even the gentlest, most expensive fixed ones will damage your hair and ultimately damage it, making it look even thinner.

P.s. i think your hair is lovely regardless
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally i dont think it looks very bad but maybe try progaine, apparently that works
_Shmiley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by bittersweet16)
You look like you dye your hair... that might be contributing to the problem. Just an idea.
I've only ever done the ends of my hair Blonde like in the picture, my hair has always been thin though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dmon1Unlimited
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't see what the big deal is with the various forms shampoo/condition. I used different products every now and then and they give me the same result. While my hair is wet its nice and smooth (not too thick I.e. you could still see my scalp as the hairs cling together), but when it dries up it goes to this fluffy-ish damaged dry hair that seems to cover my whole scalp.
All products do this to me. Nothing like the models in the adverts. They all make a good hair de-grease-ifier but that's pretty much it for positives

Would be nice if there was something that had the thickness while dry but kept the smooth feel to it
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ash77)
Massage your head to remove plague from capillaries
Plague in capillaries? Sounds...dangerous.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
ash77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rock_climber86)
will this help a guy's hairloss problem? trying to find a way of my bald patch from spreading

Among the best natural cures for fighting baldness requires the utilization of essential oils. When massaged to your scalp, these naturally work to transmit more blood and nutrients for your roots.
Lavender, rosemary, jojoba, coconut and margosa oils all work to regrow lost hairs in your head. These work especially well around bald spots and may even regrow hair across the temple area. Just give a few drops of every for your scalp, massage thoroughly for 15 minutes, lets take about 45 minutes, then wash away with a mild shampoo. There’s no have to do this each day ,3 times each week will help.

You can also put 1/2 teaspoon each of tea tree oil, castor oil, mustard oil, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil in a small plastic container. The plastic container could be as small as an empty lip balm container.Mix the oils throughly .Dab your finger into the mixture and apply it to your bald spot.
Rub the oils into your bald spot for a minute every day. With time, you should see hair strands grow in that area.

Apple cider vinegar remedy has been said for many years to promote hair growth and prevent baldness. All you do is simply rub a small amount of apple cider vinegar into your roots on a daily basis to keep your scalp healthy and prevent dandruff build-up. Within a month of beginning this home remedy, you should begin to see that your hair is thicker, fuller, and areas of baldness beginning to fade.
ash77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
will this help a guy's hairloss problem? trying to find a way of my bald patch from spreading
Also eat protein. Protein is essential for filling your body with the right nutrients so it can grow hair on your bald spot. Eat a serving of protein at every meal will help. Good examples are yogurt, tofu and eggs.
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ash77)
Among the best natural cures for fighting baldness requires the utilization of essential oils. When massaged to your scalp, these naturally work to transmit more blood and nutrients for your roots.
Lavender, rosemary, jojoba, coconut and margosa oils all work to regrow lost hairs in your head. These work especially well around bald spots and may even regrow hair across the temple area. Just give a few drops of every for your scalp, massage thoroughly for 15 minutes, lets take about 45 minutes, then wash away with a mild shampoo. There’s no have to do this each day ,3 times each week will help.

You can also put 1/2 teaspoon each of tea tree oil, castor oil, mustard oil, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil in a small plastic container. The plastic container could be as small as an empty lip balm container.Mix the oils throughly .Dab your finger into the mixture and apply it to your bald spot.
Rub the oils into your bald spot for a minute every day. With time, you should see hair strands grow in that area.

Apple cider vinegar remedy has been said for many years to promote hair growth and prevent baldness. All you do is simply rub a small amount of apple cider vinegar into your roots on a daily basis to keep your scalp healthy and prevent dandruff build-up. Within a month of beginning this home remedy, you should begin to see that your hair is thicker, fuller, and areas of baldness beginning to fade.
thanks for this. A lot to try. I'm just going to try one oil on my bald patch 3 times a week.

What i did do which seems to be working was: I thought: how come facial hair and rest of my scalp grows back fast. Then though, why do some people shave their babies' heads when they are born?

Shave. So I shaved the area where the baldpatch was and it seems to have stimulated some thin hair growth! Really happy with it . But i'm going to suplement it with coconut oil and massaging idea. I'll leave the others for another day

Also is it true being in the sun too long can make bald patches spread/encourage balding?
jayjamine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to use this http://www.amazon.com/Nisim-F-A-S-T-.../dp/B000JNRIM6 it's great stuff really makes it feel thick and healthy, bit pricey though
ash77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
thanks for this. A lot to try. I'm just going to try one oil on my bald patch 3 times a week.

What i did do which seems to be working was: I thought: how come facial hair and rest of my scalp grows back fast. Then though, why do some people shave their babies' heads when they are born?

Shave. So I shaved the area where the baldpatch was and it seems to have stimulated some thin hair growth! Really happy with it . But i'm going to suplement it with coconut oil and massaging idea. I'll leave the others for another day

Also is it true being in the sun too long can make bald patches spread/encourage balding?
Nah as far as i know, it's just a myth neither exposure to natural sunlight or tanning beds encourage balding.
Ocarinaoftime
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1. Back comb at roots using Osis Dust it Powder (will give lots of volume)
http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...d=0CIEBEPMCMAA

2. American Pride hair extensions from Sally's Salon (Can be cut down if you don't want the length) they're amazing and you get lot's of hair, it looks real and feels great too. I mainly wear mine for length till my hair goes past my chest again but they definitely give you lot's of volume!
3. Blow dry your roots upside down, this will give your hair a natural lift at the roots giving the illusion of volume
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.77%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (10)
18.87%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
35.85%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.08%

Watched Threads