Going to a doctor/sports expert to answer all the broscience questions/myths Watch

tsulee20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HFerguson)
in English please?
Im sorry, which part of that do you not understand?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST25i
jmlkey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Naarim)
Never heard of the term broscience before. I assume it means bullpoo that people say as if it's scientific fact in regards to bodybuilding/gym etc.
Pretty much.
It's basically science, made up by "bro's" in the gym

"Eat little and often to stimulate metabolism"
"You need to take protein within 30 minutes of your workout otherwise it's wasted"

etc
ColyTom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jmlkey)
Pretty much.
It's basically science, made up by "bro's" in the gym

"Eat little and often to stimulate metabolism"
"You need to take protein within 30 minutes of your workout otherwise it's wasted"

etc
How is that 'broscience'?

Eating throughout the day speeds up metabolism and it is important to consume protein after you work out to rebuild the muscle.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ColyTom)
How is that 'broscience'?

Eating throughout the day speeds up metabolism and it is important to consume protein after you work out to rebuild the muscle.
Where have you heard this and can you provide some credible sources? How soon do you think you need to take the protein and can you also provide some credible sources?
ColyTom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
Where have you heard this and can you provide some credible sources? How soon do you think you need to take the protein and can you also provide some credible sources?
I don't have any article references per se but read a copy of Men's health or check out the forum www.uk-muscle.co.uk or www.bodybuilding.com. Lots of people in very good shape can vouch for it.
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't have any article references per se but read a copy of Men's health or check out the forum www.uk-muscle.co.uk or www.bodybuilding.com. Lots of people in very good shape can vouch for it.
You literally just defined broscience.
jmlkey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Quoting men's health as a credible source. Oh wow.

Frequency of meals does not affect metabolic rate. There has not been a single reliable study that says it does. It's just a myth that is recited in gyms throughout the world. Hence broscience.
Obviously protein is important for recovery, i meant specifically the "30 minute anabolic window" myth.

Edit: Also, saying the myths are correct because swole guys on some internet forum said it, is literally the definition of broscience.
ColyTom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jmlkey)
Quoting men's health as a credible source. Oh wow.

Frequency of meals does not affect metabolic rate. There has not been a single reliable study that says it does. It's just a myth that is recited in gyms throughout the world. Hence broscience.
Obviously protein is important for recovery, i meant specifically the "30 minute anabolic window" myth.

Edit: Also, saying the myths are correct because swole guys on some internet forum said it, is literally the definition of broscience.
Ok, point taken! What do you recommend? Have you heard of intermittent fasting?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads