Tips for good skin Watch

la.dupre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
-No salt, sugar, pepper, sweets, chocolate.
-Drink plenty of still clean water
-Sleep well
-Do not eat junk food
Hlcy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Beer breaks me out

I drink lots of water and green tea. After I've brewed the tea I rub the teabag over my face. I occasionally apply lemon juice to me face as well.

I try to eat at least an apple a day. I occasionally eat salmon and sardines as well. As mentioned earlier, honey masks are great, you can mix this with a bit of lemon juice. Leaving it on overnight gives great results
fxyz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My motto is don't put anything on your face you wouldn't eat
Every two days I apply honey to my face, leave it on for 15-20 mins then wash off then moisturise with almond or castor oil
Once a week I steam my face and then apply a youghurt mask which is just the best thing for my skin ever it glows like I've come back from holiday
When I want to exfoliate I mix honey with oats and rub that in

I don't wear foundation ever if this also makes a difference. My skin is good but when I don't drink water it goes really bad. In sixth form everyone complimented my skin and asked what I did to it - back then I drank lots of water and ate well. Now I don't do as much but continue my skin routine. I really think this routine is great if you don't suffer from acne but have full lifeless skin like I did!! Hope I've helped someone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Quick question for those in the probable know, when people say drink more water, they don't mean water by itself do they? I prefer flavoured water or tea and as it stands I must drink at least a litre and a half in tea alone :eek: plus orange juice... do I have to cut my tea down and switch it to just water or what?

That said, I saw a real change with 2% salicylic acid face wash from Peter Thomas Roth than any other thing I have tried to prevent spots.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Quick question for those in the probable know, when people say drink more water, they don't mean water by itself do they? I prefer flavoured water or tea and as it stands I must drink at least a litre and a half in tea alone :eek: plus orange juice... do I have to cut my tea down and switch it to just water or what?

That said, I saw a real change with 2% salicylic acid face wash from Peter Thomas Roth than any other thing I have tried to prevent spots.
people usually think of just drinking glasses of water but yes water in things like tea and cordial counts. honestly though I've never seen any difference in my skin drinking even vastly different amounts. I think things like avoiding lots of grease and what products you use on it are much more important. (thats not to say they have to be expensive products just find things that work well for you)
JohnS17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When i began breaking out i used simple spot cream which worked a little. When it got worse i went to see my GP who prescribed me Zineryt. Within a week my spots cleared up. I also only really drink water and coffee now unless i'm drinking which then i might drink some coke or beer.
tanker23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
home made: olive oil, apple cider, honey and sugar is the best face scrub
TinFish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drink lots of water, **** less often and don't clog your face up with face cream or anything
ateeq22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JohnS17)
When i began breaking out i used simple spot cream which worked a little. When it got worse i went to see my GP who prescribed me Zineryt. Within a week my spots cleared up. I also only really drink water and coffee now unless i'm drinking which then i might drink some coke or beer.
Zineryt is superb!..clears up acne fast

tetspells
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
drink lemon water first thing every morning!
winning11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
key thing is hormonal balance
tintin330
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good skin often correlates with genes - so it's worth checking whether your parents/grandparents have particularly dry or oily skin, so you can plan your skincare routine accordingly.

I try to make sure I'm looking after my skin, but unfortunately this isn't always successful due to work overload But I'll definitely recommend my routine to anyone with a similar skin type to me (prone to dryness in winter, but gets greasy after exercise), because I very rarely get spots and don't have any acne.

So, here goes:

1. always start with a good face scrub - I recommend Amie scrub for teenage girls, it smells great and isn't too harsh. But for greasy skin I'd recommend a tougher scrub, to get the dirt out of pores.

2. cleanse - for this stage, use a soft lathering face gel, such as Simple gel, which is really soothing.

3. tone - use a nice toner for an even skin tone, but this stage is optional.

4. moisturise - never miss this stage out! it's vital for both dry and oily skin - it moisturises any dry patches, but it'll also prevent your pores releasing too many natural oils if your face is prone to this.

Hope this helps, good luck!
txo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know a lot of people don't moisturise because their skin isn't very dry or they're just not bothered, but I think everyone needs to know how important moisturising is! It helps brighten up your face and makes it softer, smoother, clearer. I've been moisturising my skin all my life and I don't think my skin would be anywhere near as good had I not moisturised all the time. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a good moisturiser but it's important to shop around to find the right one for you as everyone obviously has different skin. My skin is pretty dry and I like using light moisturisers that kind of melt into my skin, but I hate ones that are too creamy or oily because I don't like my face looking shiny.

I starting using Aveeno a few years ago and I think it's the most amazing thing. It's so light and it makes my skin so smooth. If you have really dry skin or eczema I would definitely recommend Aveeno, their products have 'naturally active oats' and I always hear that oats are really good for your skin. They have tinted moisturisers too that you can use instead of foundation. I don't want it to sound like I'm advertising this brand, I honestly just want to share how good I think it is haha, because so many people I speak to have never heard of the brand and they have a lot of products for different skin types. I just love my Aveeno cream. :love:
ForgotUserID
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't put too much make up on your face.
Use basic creams on your face I use Nivea soft it contains jojoba oil & vitamin E for body, face and skin. To wash my face I use dettol soap.
abeautifulmistake8
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fxyz)
My motto is don't put anything on your face you wouldn't eat
Every two days I apply honey to my face, leave it on for 15-20 mins then wash off then moisturise with almond or castor oil
Once a week I steam my face and then apply a youghurt mask which is just the best thing for my skin ever it glows like I've come back from holiday
When I want to exfoliate I mix honey with oats and rub that in

I don't wear foundation ever if this also makes a difference. My skin is good but when I don't drink water it goes really bad. In sixth form everyone complimented my skin and asked what I did to it - back then I drank lots of water and ate well. Now I don't do as much but continue my skin routine. I really think this routine is great if you don't suffer from acne but have full lifeless skin like I did!! Hope I've helped someone

do you apply just store bought yoghurt? if so, what kind, just a natural one?
i'm wanting to put food on my face now, haha!
fxyz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by abeautifulmistake8)
do you apply just store bought yoghurt? if so, what kind, just a natural one?
i'm wanting to put food on my face now, haha!
Yup normal store brought yoghurt.. Not the flavoured kind but the normal one.. I put on a full fat Turkish brand yoghurt which we've always gotten ... Of course any brand is fine I dollop it on as a thick layer with a makeup brush

stephanian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had awesome skin with few blemishes but all that changed when I turned 18. I had pimples on my forehead and patchy pigmentation on my skin. Also, i started developing allergic reactions to most drugstore products. Thats when I ventured into natural skin care and the results have been amazing to say the least.
Here's what I do.
Cleanser- Honey (any organic brand) which I mix with 2 drops of Apple Cider Vinegar and just rub it all over my face (just like I would use facewash) and wash off. Sometimes when I have the time, I let it sit on my face for 5 minutes.
Moisturiser- any basic glycerin containing cream (with as few additives as possible) mixed with aloe vera gel in a 1:1 ratio. I usually mix up a batch and keep it in a jar.
Spot treatment- I find tea tree oil used on its own quite drying so I mix up a few drops of oil with vaseline or cocoa butter and put it on the spot, put a band aid over it to prevent the tea tree oil from evaporating and keep it on overnight.
Body Moisturiser and Hair Conditioner- I use coconut oil or olive oil (extra virgin) as a body moisturiser and I run a few drops of oil through towel dried shampooed hair as conditioner. I also mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with my shampoo once a week and wash with it to remove any product buildup in my hair.
Lips- I used to have pigmented, discoloured lips. I have been using almond oil on them at night. Its almost pink now. A small bottle of almond oil goes a long way. I scrub my lips gently with toothbrush every morning.
Body scrub- once a week, I use sugar ( a small bowl, roughly ground ) , coffee (2tsps) and olive oil (4tsps) on my body as scrub. Exfoliating gloves work very well too.

Lastly, sunscreen is very important. You might not notice the damage now. But, it will show up in a few years. I use the neutrogena sunscreen.

I hope this helps.
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's simple. Eat well, exercise regularly, use a good cleanser, get into a good exfoliating routine and make sure you moisturise after washing your face.
Nutella:3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eat oily fish like salmon and make sure you have lots of vegetables every day like green vegetables, carrots for vitamin A and peppers for vitamin C
holly.maybury
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I keep the skin on my face ultra soft and looked after by layering moisturisers in the evening and morning. I usually have a very warm shower in the evening, then firstly put Diprobase on in quite a thick layer (this is a moisturiser for eczema sufferers), then I put a layer of Simple's rich hydrating moisturiser but in a thinner layer, and finally I put a bit of Nivea night cream on my cheeks :3
In the morning it's generally just a bit of Dipro and Simple.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads