Calls for a European First Amendment Grows. Watch

kingsholmmad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by prog2djent)
I decide which company I part cash with, the government decided that G4S should be security, security for the olympics shouldn't be private anyway.

For the NHS, well, it is un-democratic, but having a myriad of private firms for those that can afford, the middle class to rich (did I mention that the NHS should only be a progressive system? Which it isn't at the moment), it gives you choice.

Why should I have to pay for other people's personal choices?

People may think the NHS is all well and good for everyone, but imagine, you are sat in the lounge, and you hear a knock on the door, its a cyclist who has fallen on a difficult track in the woods near your house, his arm is broken, and he asks you for a few grand for surgery, you would tell him to jolly well **** off.
Not only does that not answer the question about who should decide how much privatization there should be, it implies that the NHS exists as a closet support group for self-abusing cyclists. I venture to suggest you may have misunderstood.
prog2djent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kingsholmmad)
I venture to suggest you may have misunderstood.
I venture to suggest that the majority of patients aren't their because of personal choices, case in point, Saturday night, chum.
kingsholmmad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by prog2djent)
I venture to suggest that the majority of patients aren't their because of personal choices, case in point, Saturday night, chum.
Of course they're not "their" (sic) through choice. That still doesn't explain who gets to decide what gets privatized nor on whose authority.
Greenlaner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by perfectsymbology)
I've always wanted to own a gun, so hopefully this amendment passes.

Spoiler:
Show
Joking
Your thinking of the second amendment.
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Europe definitely has a lot of problems regarding free speech. Brigitte Bardot should have never been put on trial for insulting islam. That's just absurd and something like that could never happen in the US.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (93)
24.47%
No (287)
75.53%

Watched Threads