I live most of my day on the computer Watch

Tortious
Badges: 16
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
I'm trying it now and bloody hell my entire computer screen is just yellow. It's like I'm viewing everything through a piss filled glass filter :lolwut:
Mmm, it's like that at first but your eyes soon adjust. I can't be in the minority when I say I like it - at least three other people in this thread alone have said that they use it!
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tortious)
Mmm, it's like that at first but your eyes soon adjust. I can't be in the minority when I say I like it - at least three other people in this thread alone have said that they use it!
Fair enough..

I'm leaving it on for the time being as is I do want to give it a try (I too spend a fair amount of time at the PC) but so far the only effect I can see is that the colours are wildly inaccurate.
Dog4444
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How does it help your eyes? I tried to switch it off now and I was like "da*** this light", but I'm still not convinced it does help my eyes.
welshfrankie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just found f.lux thanks to this thread - but I concur that it just seems to make my screen yellow. I'll give it some time though!
Strawberrycayk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I quite like it, yeah there's a slight orange tint at the moment but my eyes feel a lot more relaxed.

I find when I adjust the brightness myself the screen gets a bit too dark but this toned everything down without making me squint my eyes to see detail.
Best for night time IMO.
ZA.1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just downloaded f.lux and my screen has a peachy tint. The colour varies depending on my position.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xamanus)
Realizing I spend most of my day on laptop... All my uni work is done on my laptop, i hate going the library unless its group meetings. Im a day trader at stock market so most of time im trading shares from my laptop. Also my laptop is my entertainment box, I watch movies / play games.

My schedule - Morning / afternoon lectures. If not lectures im busy in the stock market ( which is on my laptop. )

Evening - Gym, Meet friends etc

Night - 10 ish, follow up with the stock market / go clubbing / watch a movie / games.

Averagely i have been spending 10 hours a day on my laptop. How bad is this for me? How do i improve this, any suggestions? Are there people like me?
It's a student thing, I have found I use my comp much less since leaving uni. If I wasn't writing an essay on it, I was researching on the internet for my pending essay, if I didn't have any essays due, I was on TSR or generally surfing, I would talk to my housemate on msn while she was in the room below mine or talk to my bf if he wasn't there. TBH I really only left my comp to eat, **** and sleep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
22.22%
No (35)
77.78%

Watched Threads