So which trilogy do you prefer? LOTR or Nolan's Batman Watch

game of james
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cable)
Nah, there were three. The first one had Vito (who's my avatar). The second one had Michael as the new Godfather, succeeding Vito after his death. And finally, the third one had Michael as the Godfather who was now much older, his kids have become much older and his daughter's boyfriend eventually becomes the new Godfather. While I don't think the third one was as good as the first two, it was still good and the ending was very tragic.

As for the OP, I think the LOTR trilogy was better than the Batman one.
He's saying he thought the 3rd one was so bad it shouldn't be considered a Godfather film.
As for me nothing can beat the true scale of LOTR.
Fav1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOTR by far!!! LOTR, Star Wars and Back To The Future are best trilogies/Sagas ever made!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Devel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Historophilia)
That clip gives me goosbumps. Easily my favorite scene in any film.

LOTR by a mile, though I love the new Batman films. But for me the storyline and the characters and the morals of LITR are so much deeper and more meaningful. Batman is basically about explosions (though awesome explosions) whereas at the heart of LOTR is the importance of friendship and love for ones home, which are universal values.

Also the love that went into making LOTR is breathtaking, the sets and costumes, weapons and armour are incredible, all so detailed and beautifully designed. the music is incredible as well, as is the cinematography and the acting.

I've probably watched each of the three films more times than any other film and I never get tired of them.
The scene is just incredible, in the extended version when you hear the horns in the background with Gandalf and the Witch King. :sogood:

I do disagree with Batman just being about explosions thou. Each film had a particular vision which I believe were Fear (Begins), Chaos (Dark Knight) and Pain (Rises).
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cable)
Nah, there were three. The first one had Vito (who's my avatar). The second one had Michael as the new Godfather, succeeding Vito after his death. And finally, the third one had Michael as the Godfather who was now much older, his kids have become much older and his daughter's boyfriend eventually becomes the new Godfather. While I don't think the third one was as good as the first two, it was still good and the ending was very tragic.

As for the OP, I think the LOTR trilogy was better than the Batman one.
I meant there are only 2 Godfather films in the same way there are only 3 Indiana Jones films..
Star7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely LOTR :love:
tej392
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Batman is a really good trilogy but I would have to say LOTR because its so amazing. I've probably seen it so many times that I no most of the dialogue. I've even started to read the books
Cable
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
I meant there are only 2 Godfather films in the same way there are only 3 Indiana Jones films..
Sorry, my bad. It's such a long time since I watched the third one. Maybe you're right that it's worse than I remember it to be. But I definitely remember and agree that the third one wasn't as good as the first two and probably shouldn't be counted as a real Godfather movie.
Petro_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Fav1993)
LOTR by far!!! LOTR, Star Wars and Back To The Future are best trilogies/Sagas ever made!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Ive just read LOTR and i cant believe I never read it earlier!! EPIC
STFU
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOTR
Gilgamesh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't choose, maybe LOTR just clips it, just because I wasn't a big fan of Batman Begins, but the other two were spectacular films.
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOTR! I can't really watch Batman with a straight face because of the husky voice thing he does when he's batman.
LuisSuarez7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love both but I'd have to go with LOTR purely because of the fact it was meant to be a storyline that could not be made in to a movie and yet they came up with one of the best trilogy's of all time.
MC armani
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Teatania)
They are both incredible in terms of cast and effects, but I have to give to LOTR in terms of original screenplay/story and music. Although Nolan did put his own mark on Batman his trilogy is still part of a long line Batman films, tv shows and other ventures. It isn't really any darker than some of the comics so not overly original in my opinion.

Plus the LOTR films got better with each installant, for me anyway, but Nolan's Batman deteriorated. They are still excellent in comparison to a lot of other films but in my opinion Batman Begins was the best. I didn't understand the hype about The Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rise is probably on par with its predecessor.

The original Indiana Jones trilogy beats them both out though.
Hate to break it to you but LOTR was based very closely on 3 big long books.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah definitely LOTR, best series of all time.
khaiser turian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lord of the Rings, by far
kingkongjaffa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
Batman was great, but Lord of the Rings.

and there were only two Godfather films..
The film's success spawned two sequels: The Godfather Part II in 1974, and The Godfather Part III in 1990.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather
NapoleonDynamite
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOTR
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kingkongjaffa)
The film's success spawned two sequels: The Godfather Part II in 1974, and The Godfather Part III in 1990.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather
I refer you to my earlier comment on this matter. :rolleyes:

There are only 2 Godfather films in the same way there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies.

(Original post by Cable)
Sorry, my bad. It's such a long time since I watched the third one. Maybe you're right that it's worse than I remember it to be. But I definitely remember and agree that the third one wasn't as good as the first two and probably shouldn't be counted as a real Godfather movie.
I remember it being pretty terrible. Me and my brothers had 'Godfather Thursdays' for a few weeks, and obviously in light of 1 and 2, 3 is an absolute abomination.

Despite being a great director, Sophia Ford Coppola (plays Michael's daughter) is a terrible terrible acress.
Astronomical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really enjoyed the Batman trilogy, but it's no LOTR. They're hardly comparable, to be honest, but LOTR is the best trilogy ever made, probably that ever will be made. I really do hope the two Hobbit films maintain the high standard.
do-not-pass-go
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Historophilia)
That clip gives me goosbumps. Easily my favorite scene in any film.

LOTR by a mile, though I love the new Batman films. But for me the storyline and the characters and the morals of LITR are so much deeper and more meaningful. Batman is basically about explosions (though awesome explosions) whereas at the heart of LOTR is the importance of friendship and love for ones home, which are universal values.

Also the love that went into making LOTR is breathtaking, the sets and costumes, weapons and armour are incredible, all so detailed and beautifully designed. the music is incredible as well, as is the cinematography and the acting.

I've probably watched each of the three films more times than any other film and I never get tired of them.
This, so much. Watching the behind-the-scenes and commentary and seeing exactly how many people were involved in making things such as the weaponry and the settings and how much care they had for it.

Also, best music.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads