Do you like your name? Watch

iGriff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like my name (Joshua) it's fairly short and I can be called Josh too.
Aisha~~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Andy is pretty good imo. The only problem is William is my official name. The same name as my dad (some tribute thing for HIS dad, don't ask). So I use Andy to save confusion, since it's my middle name.

I have to explain this at least once a day to people I meet. Gets frustrating as hell.
Betacra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rob, very common name but it's great.

Just don't call me Bob, because I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.
rhomewood1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Betacra)

Just don't call me Bob, because I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.
This.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Adam_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not at all.
My Chinese name is Tianqing which means 'the sky is clear'.It's toooooooo girly!Loads of people have reckoned me a girl when they heard it.
I was planning to change it into Kaixuan which means ' the return in triumph'.
Ps3SuperSRG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Betacra)

Taken fan bob? Ah ****,Rob,my bad.

SERGIO

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
bellazz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i like ma name but i wish what if ma name could be emma
Bollo's Lovechild
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jonathan - I like it but I'm not sure about its Hebrew meaning "God is gracious".

However, literally everyone, bar my Mum and Grandma, calls me Johnny, and this is the name that I think of myself as having
PurpleEyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love mine, but people seem to have trouble pronouncing it even people I've known for years still don't get it right. It makes me feel forgotten :cry2: but then again, it might come in handy if I ever need to disappear... I'd never change it though; it's me.
yusra121
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never used tolike my name but its all right now :rolleyes: wouldn't say it the best name my mum could come up with.
^ Got the same problem, People have trouble pronouncing my name and spelling it :cry2:
Dorito
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My surname is another word for ejaculating so I can't say I'm particularly delighted with it. :ahee: Once people first meet you, they think they're the first person to ever make a joke about it but you've just got to smile and laugh it off. Some of their jokes are pretty imaginative to be fair.

My first name of 'Tom' is fine. Pretty standard but I like it.
Miss O.C.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My name is Olivia and it used to piss me off because its a really popular baby name nowadays. BUT my initials are O.C.D and I personally find it unusually awesome :cool:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well my middle name is quite reminiscent of a common girls forename, so I'm not thrilled with that but me and my citizenship teacher had a good laugh about it. I quite like it because you wouldn't find another guy with this name, but then again, its a girls name, although its spelt slightly differently. Why my parents did this to me, I will never know
And also, my first name and surname are really weird/uncommon, but I love them and particulatly like it when people struggle to say it
Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jacob - I like it. I get Jake too which I also like. I'm not complaining.
ScottishShortiex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do quite like my name - Rachel. I like that you can shorten it to Rach (mostly used by family) or Raquel (which some of my uncles call me).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads