Turn on thread page Beta

AS results: AACC - Will I get in to any uni's? watch

ReputationRep:
    Institutes such as Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial and LSE might be less inclined to offer you a place (though the first three all interview too, so you can't rule it out - impress at interview and you'll be far more likely to get offers), but otherwise you'll not be hampered by those grades as you have two A's, and a final A2 achievement of AAA or AAB certainly looks attainable.

Just an example, a friend of mine ended up with ABBC at AS and got an Imperial interview which went very well, and led to an offer of AAA for chemistry. Unfortunately he narrowly missed his offer in the end, and didn't get in, but they did make him an offer. On the other hand another friend got AAA, didn't interview well, and didn't get an offer. In other words, interviews can be your best friend if you make use of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    If it helps, I got AABD at AS and got offers from one AAA uni and three AAB unis. Southampton, Nottingham, Birmingham and Warwick if you're interested by which ones. Having said all this, I only got ABB at A2 and I've ended up at Leicester which is still a good university (ranked top 20 in most league tables).
    What course did you apply for Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    Got BCDD as AS. Finished with AAB at A2 and will be going to Durham. AACC is perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockhead)
    These threads annoy me!
    To me, those are fantastic results, not 'bad' - I had AS results of CDD and applied to unis asking for AAB-ABB and got all offers
    You will be fine provided your PS and predictions from teachers are fine
    Damn how did you get your teachers to predict you A's and B's? - Kinda in the same position

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid not, no. All universities in the United Kingdom have a minimum entrance requirement of AAB in your A-levels, with no leeway whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by june4275)
    What course did you apply for Warwick?
    I applied for mechanical engineering. Decided to go through clearing in the end so I'll now be going to exeter.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I got ABBCE at AS. Got all offers from the AAB unis which I applied to. Got AABBD at the end of A2.

AACC is fine.

ReputationRep:
    They mainly focus on 3 alevels and 'AAC' is equivalent to 'ABB' which matches the typical offer for unis such as Kent, Essex and Nottingham Trent. However if your predictions are AAB then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the uni you apply for...
    personally i would be thrilled with your grades!
    I got BBC in History, Sociology & Psychology respectively and im off to Worcester in September. I got accepted by Worcester, Nottingham Trent, Coventry, Derby & Northampton with predicted grades of ACC. If you went Oxford, they would expect higher grades with the two Cs, but other unis generally ask for 240-320 UCAS points (from CCC to ABB) so it all depends where you go

ReputationRep:
    The phrase 'first world problems'...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    would be a serious overstatement of the seriousness of this issue

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking here or what?? I got BBD at AS Level and got offers from good universities and am starting at one of the top business schools in the UK next month. (aston) So if I can do it with these grades then obviously you can with what are much better results. What a stupid question this is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franzk)
    Damn how did you get your teachers to predict you A's and B's? - Kinda in the same position
    They predict 1 grade above your target grade at my college anyway, but I went and had a chat with my head of year and explained what I thought I would personally be capable of

You just need to do the same and try persuade them - talk about how much work you put in yada yada. You could also talk to your subject teacher before you talk to your head of year - this is good as if you went to your head of year first, they may want to talk to your subject teacher before inputting any grades

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    I applied for mechanical engineering. Decided to go through clearing in the end so I'll now be going to exeter.
    Oh okay. I was looking at Accounting and Finance and they required AAA + B(AS grade)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arose1234)
    They are fine, unless you want to go to Oxford or Cambridge as they tend to only accept students with 90% or above points or however it works...
    In all AS subjects, or just related ones?

ReputationRep:
    I got AACCC in my AS results, I've been predicted A*BB for my A2s will I get offers from universities who require ABB-BBC??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    I got ABBCE at AS. Got all offers from the AAB unis which I applied to. Got AABBD at the end of A2.

AACC is fine.

OMG your grades are perfect! WELL DONE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnny)
    those were my AS results and I got offers from AAB unis so you should be fine

Oh thats good!! I just hope I get offers Im so nervous about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franzk)

Oh I see, Umm... I didn't get them to give me those grades, they just predicted those grades for me based on how hard I work

We will be fine i hope

ReputationRep:
    My sister got a B at AS and ended up with an A* at A2. Possible!

ReputationRep:
    you have 2 A's try and get one of those C's predicted B and you can apply for aab positions. it shouldnt be a big deal you should be more worrying about if you can get that C into an B while maintating the 2 A's.

I moved my B into an A but im not going to tell you just the glossy picture i also spent less time on my A which i had and ended up going down in A2.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.