The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ranmoor - Wimberry Apartments

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cdyer93
Yeah it's a great flat! Perfect location, Wimberry's the best block in Ranmoor in my opinion. It's close to the taxi rank which is useful and is just generally where the best people lived!

yeah here's a photo of my room:

IMG_1516.jpg

All the rooms are like that... don't have picture of the ensuite sorry! but they were nice too. It's a wet room..so you don't need a bath mat or anything like that...showers are decent and they're a good size. It was sooo good having an ensuite, not going to be used to it in the house I have for second year! There's 11 people in the flat, kitchen is a great size too...there's 3 big fridges/freezers and it worked out that you each have a shelf in the fridge and a drawer in the freezer...don't go for the bottom freezer draw if you can...they're half the size of the others so it was a bit annoying being stuck with that one :P

You'll have such a good time :smile: any other questions?

Thank you so much that's perfect! Looks like a nice room, how far is it from the uni and the town centre? Is there anywhere to food shop close by?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Original post by jac20120
Thank you so much that's perfect! Looks like a nice room, how far is it from the uni and the town centre? Is there anywhere to food shop close by?

Yeah it's a great flat! Each room is completely identical haha. It's about 20-25 minute walk to uni (all down hill) takes a bit longer on the way back as its up hill then haha.
And to town it's about 30-40 minute walk, but the buses in Sheffield are great. It's only 60p for students on most of the buses so that comes in really handy!

There's a Spar really close to Ranmoor, but thats a bit expensive compared to other shops. Near Uni there's a sainsburys local, but you'll probably find that after a while you and other people in the flat will order a Tesco delivery or something. We were lucky that one of the boys had his car in Sheffield so he could do trips to tesco with us, but online shopping is your best bet! And it keeps the costs down because you only buy what you need and aren't tempted by other things!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jac20120
Hello!

Oh great is it a nice flat? I don't suppose you have any pictures do you? What's the ensuite like? :smile:

Haha, it was my boyfriend's flat the year before that! All the ranmoor flats are basically the same, same layout etc. The ensuites are nice but small! And in my opinion the kitchens are better than the Endcliffe ones. :smile:
E4 Room 10 :smile:

Reply 24
Original post by cdyer93
Yeah it's a great flat! Perfect location, Wimberry's the best block in Ranmoor in my opinion. It's close to the taxi rank which is useful and is just generally where the best people lived!

yeah here's a photo of my room:

IMG_1516.jpg

All the rooms are like that... don't have picture of the ensuite sorry! but they were nice too. It's a wet room..so you don't need a bath mat or anything like that...showers are decent and they're a good size. It was sooo good having an ensuite, not going to be used to it in the house I have for second year! There's 11 people in the flat, kitchen is a great size too...there's 3 big fridges/freezers and it worked out that you each have a shelf in the fridge and a drawer in the freezer...don't go for the bottom freezer draw if you can...they're half the size of the others so it was a bit annoying being stuck with that one :P

You'll have such a good time :smile: any other questions?

Can you let us know how the blocks are linked? From what I've heard your number is the floor number and the letter is your block. I see on the map that all the blocks are joined together, so does this mean that anyone on floor six can see each other with relative ease? Or are the buildings actually separate? I hope this makes sense.
Reply 25
F6 Room 9 ?!? :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by banknote_
Can you let us know how the blocks are linked? From what I've heard your number is the floor number and the letter is your block. I see on the map that all the blocks are joined together, so does this mean that anyone on floor six can see each other with relative ease? Or are the buildings actually separate? I hope this makes sense.

Yeah. It's all one building. But the blocks kind of separate it out abit. So blocks A&B share a main entrance, same for C&D, E&F etc.

If you're on floor 6 yeah you're the top floor so you can see the whole block easily!

Reply 27
Has anyone had any emails from this pre-registration address they talk about in the essential guide booklet they sent us? They've given us a long list of things to do, but can't do any of it until the email us? Maybe I'm just being impatient....
Reply 28
If you read the book, it says you'll receive these emails end of August/beginning of September
Reply 29
Original post by natalie27
F6 Room 9 ?!? :smile:

F6 Room 7 :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Evierose94
Same!

This guy was my flatmate last year haha! Check the date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending