The Student Room Group

I feel no excitement whatsoever.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah, nervousness is kinda over-riding the excitement for me too. My offer wasn't dependant on results as I took a gap year but it's all been feeling more real since getting an offer of a room..but I'm trying not to worry so much! :smile:
Original post by Gemma345
I'm really excited - especially about getting all my things and decorating my room. I haven't got accommodation acceptance yet but hopefully it's good ... I'm more anxious about the fact that it's the opposite end of the country to my boyfriend, and I'm worried I won't like anyone in my halls. I'll try my best :colondollar:

What course will you be doing and at what uni?
Reply 22
You'll get there :smile: Most Uni start dates are still a fair while away so it's not surprising that you're not massively excited yet. Once you start getting uni stuff in the post, and (if you're moving out) organising all your things it'll probably kick in that wahooo, you're going to university!

I'm kind of torn between excitement and not now. The day before results day I was really excited to possibly be going to university, but now actually GOING to university is so far away and I already moved out earlier this year so I don't have any of that excitement to look forward to. I'm just kind of... bored at the moment. I know in a few weeks though I'll be bouncing off the walls though (... hopefully ^_^)
Reply 23
I'm very excited, not so much for the social side than the work side.. Which if you knew me you'd think was utter pish...

I'm the guy who hasn't done any work ever, and coasted through to Uni through clearance after disappointing but expected results.. I found a place rang up got accepted and I'm really rather excited at the chance of actually doing work for once..

When I got rejected from all my places it was a moment of.. ahem.. 'catharsis' for me (I know, I know :wink: ) and I'm very giddy to actually use my brain for once!
Reply 24
Original post by Alexandra's Box
CONGRATULATIONS! :excited: You are going to university! :woo: Get ready to work and play YEEEEAAAAHHHHH :party: :awesome: :cool:

That excite anyone?

Tbh, it does a bit :^_^:

But as it was mentioned before, it's still far away in time until we start
Reply 25
Original post by tallen90
I just feel soul-crushingly nervous...

Aha! This. Not sure if I'm worried more about failing epically or making no friends :tongue:

I am exited to go and have some independence and live in a new place and all that but I can't stop thinking about how much I'm going to miss my boyfriend, friends and family (and weirdly my job), especially after the initial excitement of 'woo I'm at uni!' wears off.
(edited 11 years ago)
There isn't much fun in it to be honest. You will realize how much stress you are going to be under and it is just going to get harder. Reality checks are a bitch but enjoy your first year because it will be the easiest.
Reply 27
except those cold lonely nights. :cry:
Reply 28
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What course will you be doing and at what uni?

Politics and International Relations at Southampton. My boyfriend is doing Geography at Durham, in case you were wondering. :tongue:
Reply 29
Original post by Lil08
except those cold lonely nights. :cry:

I don't get it.-_-
Reply 30
Original post by Gemma345
I'm really excited - especially about getting all my things and decorating my room. I haven't got accommodation acceptance yet but hopefully it's good ... I'm more anxious about the fact that it's the opposite end of the country to my boyfriend, and I'm worried I won't like anyone in my halls. I'll try my best :colondollar:

gonna be opposite side of the country to my boyfriend too :frown: but we're determined to stay together <3
Reply 31
have been studying in London for 20yrs ,seems have another 3yrs study in londonnn:colondollar:
Reply 32
Original post by KAB1010101
gonna be opposite side of the country to my boyfriend too :frown: but we're determined to stay together <3

Aw good! What unis are you both going to?
Reply 33
Original post by . .
I've got into university. I can't seem to find this exciting feeling so many people are on about. It feels like starting another year of college or high school in a different city. :confused:

Has been the same for me when I was about to be sent to Ghana for a year by the Red Cross. Even months before I went people came to me saying "Oh my goood, you must be so excited! How does it feeeeel?" and I was just like "Yeah, um, it's going to be interesting ... I guess."

I mean, I was looking forward to it but excitement never kicked in. Didn't change with time and when I arrived it was great and by far the best time of my life so far, but I was only excite if there was a reason and not just because of the circumstances.

I'm going to start uni in Scotland this year as well and it should be even more exciting as I'm not from the UK, but it's the same again - friends and other people I know being more excited about it than I am myself :biggrin:

But emotionally people are just very different.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by . .
I don't get it.-_-

University, Its all fun and exciting.. until those nights before the exams when you sat in your room all alone trying to figure out a problem, away from family. :frown:
Original post by . .
I've got into university. I can't seem to find this exciting feeling so many people are on about. It feels like starting another year of college or high school in a different city. :confused:

Maybe it's like if a relative of yours died - it doesn't really hit you until a bit later?

The fact that you won't be living at home & that you'll have to take care of yourself automatically means it won't be like just another year of secondary school.
Original post by Lil08
University, Its all fun and exciting.. until those nights before the exams when you sat in your room all alone trying to figure out a problem, away from family. :frown:

Is it a maths problem?
Original post by . .

How on earth you felt this was a justifiable thread is beyond me.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
How on earth you felt this was a justifiable thread is beyond me.

Random but, is the swapping of "Vici" and "Vidi" in your username deliberate?

You came, you conquered... And then you saw? :confused:
Original post by Newbie123
Random but, is the swapping of "Vici" and "Vidi" in your username deliberate?

You came, you conquered... And then you saw? :confused:

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending