Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    That's the high end of border line unneccessary. That calculator is giving 1.5g/lb/d which very few people will say is required and next to no studys with justify.

The rule of thumb is 1g/lb/d or 2g/kg/d both of which are well below that.
    I've read about twenty different rule of thumbs for every aspect of bodybuilding. Every other article contradicts another. "Eat this much protein"... "no eat this much"... "saturates are bad"... "no that's a myth"... "exercise before breakfast for fat loss"... "no that loses more muscle"... etc. etc. I just play it safe and go for 200g of protein a day. A compromise between the calculator and what CD2112 posted, if you will.

My main point was that this is a bulking thread and a poor diet was posted... two eggs? What is this? Even for a cutting diet, having basically no protein until post-workout is silly. And 200g carbs is measly, even if the OP is very light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    I've read about twenty different rule of thumbs for every aspect of bodybuilding. Every other article contradicts another. "Eat this much protein"... "no eat this much"... "saturates are bad"... "no that's a myth"... "exercise before breakfast for fat loss"... "no that loses more muscle"... etc. etc. I just play it safe and go for 200g of protein a day. A compromise between the calculator and what CD2112 posted, if you will.

My main point was that this is a bulking thread and a poor diet was posted... two eggs? What is this? Even for a cutting diet, having basically no protein until post-workout is silly. And 200g carbs is measly, even if the OP is very light.
    Yeah, I agree there wasn't enough food in general but that calculator was excessive. I think most people would be fine around the 180g mark.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.