Millstone Apartments in Endcliffe? Watch

s04582
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ATCAdam)
F4 seems to be a lot of girls, 4 so far, so if you're a flat of 8 that's half at least I think some flats may even be 6 people!
Thank you
Carinaea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I heard from my friend who's going into her second year that the flats of 6 are single sex and the flats of 8 are mixed. I'm not sure if that'll apply to us though, because she lived in Ranmoor, but it could be worth mentioning.
shelton7794
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that I went to Sheffield the other day with my parents in the car, just so we could find the way to the accomodation (without getting lost!) before the 16th, we had a walk around the Endcliffe village and found Millstone, it looks very nice, fairly modern, we did meet a security guard and he said he would've shown us around, but it was currently in use for conferencing, so we only saw it through windows, he told us A/B are a block, then it's C/D and E/F, the one bad thing might be that there's no lift in Millstone so maybe bear that in mind when packing! hopes this helps
Killerstorm2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shelton7794)
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that I went to Sheffield the other day with my parents in the car, just so we could find the way to the accomodation (without getting lost!) before the 16th, we had a walk around the Endcliffe village and found Millstone, it looks very nice, fairly modern, we did meet a security guard and he said he would've shown us around, but it was currently in use for conferencing, so we only saw it through windows, he told us A/B are a block, then it's C/D and E/F, the one bad thing might be that there's no lift in Millstone so maybe bear that in mind when packing! hopes this helps
thanks for info..can't wait ...btw is it very hilly towards the main uni buildings from millstone?
ATCAdam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shelton7794)
No lifts!! 3rd floor here oh joy

Any photoos?
flooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i've just moved out of Millstone A3!
I think (totally unbiased) that its the best block, decent location, easy to get taxis to pick you up from endcliffe vale road and if your lucky a nice view of the pond. dont worry that it'll be too quiet, its not at all hahaa, you'll make as many mates as you would if you were in one of the bigger blocks. on top of that, cos its closer to the bottom of the village its you dont get EVERY single person coming back after a night out walking past your window being loud and annoying when you've not gone out
and just so you know, colour scheme for the whole of A and B is red, pretty sure C & D is blue but not 100% sure
ATCAdam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by flooood)
i've just moved out of Millstone A3!
I think (totally unbiased) that its the best block, decent location, easy to get taxis to pick you up from endcliffe vale road and if your lucky a nice view of the pond. dont worry that it'll be too quiet, its not at all hahaa, you'll make as many mates as you would if you were in one of the bigger blocks. on top of that, cos its closer to the bottom of the village its you dont get EVERY single person coming back after a night out walking past your window being loud and annoying when you've not gone out
and just so you know, colour scheme for the whole of A and B is red, pretty sure C & D is blue but not 100% sure

hey do you have any photos at all of your time in Millstone? I'm in A3 so seeing the place would be pretty cool
flooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey do you have any photos at all of your time in Millstone? I'm in A3 so seeing the place would be pretty cool
Name:  582553_10150880857829108_885712496_n.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  37.9 KBName:  179571_10150965508031749_1202950441_n.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  192.4 KB the second ones the view from my room that youll get if you in room 3! hope you all have as good of a time in there as we did! if you need to know anything about it ask away!
flooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
and also, if its the same as last year, flats with 6 are single sex, flats of 8 are mixed
rudizzy123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
and also, if its the same as last year, flats with 6 are single sex, flats of 8 are mixed
Is room 1 and 8 closest to the kitchen or the door
flooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rudizzy123)
Is room 1 and 8 closest to the kitchen or the door
i THINK (not 100% sure) that its 1 and 2 that are closest to the kitchen, never really remembered everyones room numbers just who was in them hahaha
rudizzy123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i THINK (not 100% sure) that its 1 and 2 that are closest to the kitchen, never really remembered everyones room numbers just who was in them hahaha
One last question, how common are parties with other flats? & are some flats purely full of international students?
flooood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rudizzy123)
One last question, how common are parties with other flats? & are some flats purely full of international students?
pretty common! my flat (a3) were all best mates with b3 and b4 and always did predrinks together etc. they happen as often as you want them really! especially in the first semester theres alway something happening with someone you know. my advice is just to get to know as many people as possible in the first couple of weeks when everyones making friends, and have an amazing freshers!
i didnt know of any flats with only international students, there was normally one or two in every flat
shelton7794
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Killerstorm2)
thanks for info..can't wait ...btw is it very hilly towards the main uni buildings from millstone?
no problem, me neither! it isn't too bad, it is a bit hilly, but sure we'll get used to it, there are some shops not too far away and then I think its about a 20 mins walk to the uni
shelton7794
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No lifts!! 3rd floor here oh joy

Any photoos?
haha luckily I'm on the ground floor no sorry didnt take any photos! also forgot to mention at millstone we are quite near the bus stop which goes to the uni!
ATCAdam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  582553_10150880857829108_885712496_n.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  37.9 KBName:  179571_10150965508031749_1202950441_n.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  192.4 KB the second ones the view from my room that youll get if you in room 3! hope you all have as good of a time in there as we did! if you need to know anything about it ask away!
How many people in A3??
big_fluffy_duck
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys, just found this thread.
I'm in C2, (room 4 I think)-anyone else?
thomas99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you know if C1 is 6 or 8 people?

Thanks
ATCAdam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by big_fluffy_duck)
Hey guys, just found this thread.
I'm in C2, (room 4 I think)-anyone else?
2 people in C2 so far on the facebook group
HannahRobbo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone in Millstone F2?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads