A level Exam Paper Leak Watch

This discussion is closed.
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by darkenergy)
Nope. :p: it's their accessibility to our private details, to which we've given TSR unconditionally as an act of unlimited trust. :p:

Then, why would someone who's done their A-levels want to acquire exam questions?
I have no idea what you're on about.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope. :p: it's their accessibility to our private details, to which we've given TSR unconditionally as an act of unlimited trust. :p:
I wasn't talking about passing private details on to the exam boards. Although it's not something we'd rule out - the t&cs you agreed to on signing up and the rules both state that we work with exam boards and the police to prevent cheating. Last leak it was the police who demanded all of the details we had about the person who posted the leaked questions - TSR won't turn down police demands to protect cheats.

Then, why would someone who's done their A-levels want to acquire exam questions?
You seem to be missing the point.

Because the mods and members of TSR don't know the content of exams until the exam date we've ASKED the exam boards to monitor the site for leaked papers and questions and set up an account so that if they do spot any leaked questions we don't have to waste time trying to verify that they're official we can just remove the posts instantly from view.

If the exam board monitor account reports a post the only people who will know about it will be the mods.
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm... makes sense
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
I wasn't talking about passing private details on to the exam boards. Although it's not something we'd rule out - the t&cs you agreed to on signing up and the rules both state that we work with exam boards and the police to prevent cheating. Last leak it was the police who demanded all of the details we had about the person who posted the leaked questions - TSR won't turn down police demands to protect cheats.
well doctors/nurses/medical professionals are not allowed to give patient details to the police; the police need some sort of document to authorise them to access such information.
(Original post by PQ)
You seem to be missing the point.

Because the mods and members of TSR don't know the content of exams until the exam date we've ASKED the exam boards to monitor the site for leaked papers and questions and set up an account so that if they do spot any leaked questions we don't have to waste time trying to verify that they're official we can just remove the posts instantly from view.

If the exam board monitor account reports a post the only people who will know about it will be the mods.
Oh right.

Surely this is a further step forward to suppressing of freedom of speech and the fundamental rights to share information? Indeed some past paper questions could potentially be included in future exam papers, therefore removing these may result in reduced access to such valuable resources.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well doctors/nurses/medical professionals are not allowed to give patient details to the police; the police need some sort of document to authorise them to access such information.
Yes they do.

Oh right.

Surely this is a further step forward to suppressing of freedom of speech and the fundamental rights to share information? Indeed some past paper questions could potentially be included in future exam papers, therefore removing these may result in reduced access to such valuable resources.
This is a privately owned website - if people want to publish leaked papers without getting caught then they'll have to go elsewhere on the web.

We're not preventing people from posting leaked exam papers and we can't prevent people leaking exam papers...we're just not going to let people use this website to publish those leaked papers to a wider audience.
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes they do.
You mean, they have to disclose such information when requested by the police?:eek:
(Original post by PQ)
This is a privately owned website - if people want to publish leaked papers without getting caught then they'll have to go elsewhere on the web.

We're not preventing people from posting leaked exam papers and we can't prevent people leaking exam papers...we're just not going to let people use this website to publish those leaked papers to a wider audience.
Oh right; cool. :rolleyes:
popsical
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
So was the perp caught for the 2004 leak?
popsical
Rep:
?
I take that as a no then.
lil groovy dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by popsical)
Is there going to be one this year?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let me look into my crystal ball .........

:eek:

:rolleyes:
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by popsical)
I take that as a no then.
Not no.. just that no one knows. Or no one who knows wants to tell. Heh.
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
Or no one who knows wants to tell. Heh.
Exactly, if you knew what was going to be on the exam, would you tell everyone? :p: :rolleyes:
popsical
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knogle)
Not no.. just that no one knows. Or no one who knows wants to tell. Heh.
Surely the awarding body would take advantage over the defamation of the individual(s) involved? Edexcel would consult the media straight away if this was the case, I would think.
beach surf babe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I predict that there will be a leak on 15th May at 12:42 and 37 seconds.... I reckon security is pretty tight...I wouldn't be too hopeful.
popsical
Rep:
?
I predict a GCSE leak.
beach surf babe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I predict a riot..
popsical
Rep:
?
(Original post by beach_surf_babe)
I predict a riot..
I was going to say that but thought better of it. :p:
lil groovy dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by beach_surf_babe)
I predict a riot..
awesome song
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lil_groovy_dude)
awesome song
It took me ages to work out what those words actually were in the song...I just couldn't figure them out. Never thought to look at the title of the song.....
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, if the boards know that the exams might be leaked, why store them on a computer that has access to the net?
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by WokSz)
Well, if the boards know that the exams might be leaked, why store them on a computer that has access to the net?
Is not leaking normally done with people getting early access to paper copies of the exam though, rather than hacking into a computer? I'd presume this is via someone stealing a paper or batch of papers which were due for being sent out to schools.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.42%
No (479)
72.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed