Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)
    its DRKW, mr-know-it-all
    Typo although admittedly should've have checked when making a sarky comment lol

ReputationRep:
    In February a fit blonde told me she'd do anything for work experience. After *****ing her senseless she got to shadow. Awesome deal.
    Alright, I'll give you £200 for every week I shadow you, from that you'd be able to get yourself a decent time with a prostitute. What you say?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty fair.

ReputationRep:
    He is only an analyist, so hierarchaly - he is the lowest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElWilson)
    He is only an analyist, so hierarchaly - he is the lowest.
    Could someone explain the hierarchy to me- Analyst, Associate, then what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakes)
    Could someone explain the hierarchy to me- Analyst, Associate, then what?
    Vice President, Exec Director, Managing Director, the names for each position vary slightly from bank to bank though.

(Original post by CitigroupTrader)
    In February a fit blonde told me she'd do anything for work experience. After *****ing her senseless she got to shadow. Awesome deal.
    Remember, this is a public forum and even though Citigroup is massive, there aren't many of you in Fixed Income who earnt precisely 54.8k in year one, trading derivatives, who had a blonde shadow them sometime after February with a 1st class degree from LSE.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like Capt. Flashheart from Blackadder 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CitigroupTrader)
    It's nice to have ambitious, achievable targets. For students aspiring towards IB I propose the following:

> Over £50k salary+bonus age 21
    > Over £100k salary+bonus as Vice-President age 25
    > Over £1m salary+bonus as MD age 30
    Surely a VP would earn well over £100k? I always thought VPs would be on nearer £200k or so, inc. bonus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Remember, this is a public forum and even though Citigroup is massive, there aren't many of you in Fixed Income who earnt precisely 54.8k in year one, trading derivatives, who had a blonde shadow them sometime after February with a 1st class degree from LSE.
    No doubt I'll bump into the guy this summer, however, in all fairness he does at least sound like a laugh to go out on the lash with.

(Original post by Olek)
    No doubt I'll bump into the guy this summer, however, in all fairness he does at least sound like a laugh to go out on the lash with.
    Agree.

(and has anyone noticed the massive rep swing? I know rep counts for diddly but it's been fluctuated from -2 reds to 2 greens and generally been all over the shop - he's clearly getting read and causing a huge reaction in a lot of people...)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who comes onto a forum as besotted with IB as this and says "I'm a really successful first year trader" will get a lot of attention. Hence the 100 PMs broken in a day. He's posted a lot that's helpful, but started off being arrogant, brash and confrontational, hence the neg rep first, now lots of +ve.

(100 PMs in a day sounds like hyperbole)

I'm not sure what he has posted that is particularly different from what has been said by several other people. The difference has been saying he is in banking.

ReputationRep:
    His PM started refusing PMs, which means he hit 100.

(Original post by Drogue)
    His PM started refusing PMs, which means he hit 100.
    It is 500 to be at capacity overall. My inbox currently has 199, so it's not that either. It's been higher a few times too. I average about 11 a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Good point, though I'm hardly worried that important people at Citigroup will be browsing a random student website, and there's no proof it's "me" posting as I don't look here at work. Although everyone gets pretty much the same salary in year 1. Actually there's 2 other people who could fit the profile I've stated here. And nobody knows about the "work experience" except a couple on my team - even though I'm just an analyst I have no difficulty inviting anyone to spend the day with me on the trading floor, listening into calls and all that.
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Surely a VP would earn well over £100k? I always thought VPs would be on nearer £200k or so, inc. bonus?
    You're right - I was focussing on the VP at 25 bit, £100k is achievable 2 years in, £200k at VP level, will change.
    (Original post by LBC213)
    Alright, I'll give you £200 for every week I shadow you, from that you'd be able to get yourself a decent time with a prostitute. What you say?
    Done, what's your email address? (I deactivated PMs after getting flooded, 100 is no hyperbole)
    (Original post by posh_git)
    its DRKW, mr-know-it-all
    Actually it's DrKW. Regardless, they are utter ****.
    (Original post by sugardaddy)
    There always seem to be a lot of emphasis on bonuses - obviously interconnected with performance, how much do these tend to be on average, relative to fixed salary?
    A few years in, your fixed salary becomes completely irrelevant, it's all about your bonus. In your first full year as an analyst (eg Feb 06 to Feb 07) bonus is on average 1 multiple of your fixed salary, which rises exponentially - eg 3 times in year 2, 6 times in year 3 etc potentially.

ReputationRep:
    Done, what's your email address? (I deactivated PMs after getting flooded, 100 is no hyperbole)

Look forward to hearing from you.

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in, LBC213?

Also, Citi - what would he/she actually do in this shadowing?

ReputationRep:
    I heard that DRKW is bloody good if you work in Russia. They are dominant there and guess what the bonuses whould be with all these IPOs going around.

ReputationRep:
    Go on, i'm budding with anticipation.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.