Girls: Long/ish hair on a guy.. good or bad?? Watch

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pianist)
What the hell is a number 2 :eek:?
The length of the hair judged from the grade of the shaving or something? Don't know how it works to be honest. Ask a slaphead.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
The length of the hair judged from the grade of the shaving or something? Don't know how it works to be honest. Ask a slaphead.
I think the 'numbers' go up in about 3mm stages in general. Number 1 would leave the hair about 3mm long, number 2 about 6mm and so on. Though I think it can vary by a mm or 2 with different cutters.
Caribou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i'm perdy sure its shorter than that. I was under the impression that a no.1 was 1 up from a wet shave.. whilst a number 3 was about 3mm??
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
i'm perdy sure its shorter than that. I was under the impression that a no.1 was 1 up from a wet shave.. whilst a number 3 was about 3mm??
No chance. Cuttingn the hair without the guard thingy on will probably leave the hair just less than a mmand there are different sorts of cutters which leave various lengths with now guard on, so some might leave virtually no hair, others might leave 1 or 2 mm..

I used to have number 3 on the back and sides until about last November and that was just under 1cm long.
Caribou
Rep:
?
i stand corrected! lol.

mind you.. havnt had a buzz cut for about 3 years
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
I think the 'numbers' go up in about 3mm stages in general. Number 1 would leave the hair about 3mm long, number 2 about 6mm and so on. Though I think it can vary by a mm or 2 with different cutters.
Thanks for that. All I know is that after a while I wanted my hair to grow back and quickly. :p:
ninman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had really long hair for a while, then I donated 10 inches to charity. I must have had about 12 inches cut off in total, and I still have a 3 or 4 inch ponytail. I've had long hair since I was 14, I'm 21 now, don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I like to think women like a man who is assertive and stands out. Could be wrong though.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i stand corrected! lol.

mind you.. havnt had a buzz cut for about 3 years
I ain't planning on having mine cut like that either for a long time either. I had my hair cut for the first time 4 months this week and it's by far the longest it's been left after I've had it cut for nearly 5 years. I'm plannign on letting it get longer too if I can.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for that. All I know is that after a while I wanted my hair to grow back and quickly. :p:
Yep, and it seems to take forever to grow. I'm annoyed how slowly mine seems to be going. And I needed to get it cut this week too to neaten it up....I couldn't really have had any less cut off either...it was somewhere about three quarters of an inch.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in the same dilemma too. My hair's quite thick and a bit wild on back and sides. (Although the top is quite short as i've been growing it from a shaved head for about 5 months.)

I've been thinking about getting it all shaved off again, just go for a short back and sides (boring) or just leave it and maybe have a bit of a trim.
Caribou
Rep:
?
hair grows at about 3/4 inch per month??
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
Yep, and it seems to take forever to grow.
Mine does seem to be stuck regarding growth at the moment. When it finally gets half-way down my back I'll consider it long.
Caribou
Rep:
?
Mine does seem to be stuck regarding growth at the moment. When it finally gets half-way down my back I'll consider it long.
how long is it now?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Stupid question but how do people usually measure their hair? Actually it feels like it's half-way but it wasn't when I last bothered about it wasn't.
Caribou
Rep:
?
Stupid question but how do people usually measure their hair? Actually it feels like it's half-way but it wasn't when I last bothered about it wasn't.
well.. you could say.. umm.. longer than short.. shoulder length.. just past my ears.. i can chew it.. lol?
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hair grows at about 3/4 inch per month??
I hink it varies between people and at differnet times (like it goes throuhg growing stages and other times is slightly more dormant).

I hope mine does through a growing spurt soon and on over the summer. If it growns 3/4 of an inch each month and I don't cut it, I could have 6 or 7 inches by September, the longest I'd have ever had my hair.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well.. you could say.. umm.. longer than short.. shoulder length.. just past my ears.. i can chew it.. lol?
Past my shoulders and I can chew it. I'll get a tape measurer some time. :rolleyes:
Caribou
Rep:
?
I'll get a tape measurer some time. :rolleyes:
Step too far!!:p:
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

ive got about two inches to go before mine gets there ive been growing it for 3 years but yeah mine seems to have stopped to.

most women love my hair
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love longish hair, like Josh Holloway (sawyer from lost), and my stunning friend, I don't fancy him but I could just spend all day looking at him =p. I can even handle it a bit longer, it totally depends on the person, if they have an attractive face they can usually pull any hairstyle off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise