Turn on thread page Beta

Alone.. forever :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Fairy)
    alot of people have their first proper/real relationship at university...
    That's very true - in fact I think you'd be surprised, when you get to university and look around, at how many people there are for whom their first relationship at university is their first proper one, or even their first ever (that's true of me for example.)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    but I'm worried once I get to uni someone might turn round at me and say, What? you freak? You have never had a relationship
    I've been single about 5 years now and whenever people ask me why - because they do, I just tell them it's not through choice, I just never get any attention from guys. It's not the nicest thing to say about yourself but in my case it's the truth and it does shut them up

ReputationRep:
    people asking why you are single is a load of rubbish, I mean what a stupid question to ask

there is no way you can answer it without feeling bad about yourself

most people will say "ah Im too busy for a boy/girlfriend"

ReputationRep:
    And if it all goes wrong, just remember women who don't marry tend to be more sucessful in their lives, and that there are plenty of homeless cats.

ReputationRep:
    Post a picture if you like. (Though you probably won't want too).

You will find someone eventually. That's my advice, I can't offer much more.

ReputationRep:
    Make the most out of what you got.

You may think that you're 'ugly', but probably your personality or even your brains would be liked more.

Physical beauty will surely fade away, but a genuine personality will last.

I think your knight in his shining armour is waiting for you as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never had a proper relationship by any means, never pulled a guy that I coun't or anything. I am almost 18 years old and I do feel I should of had a relationship by now.
    When I like a guy.. I really like them and get overly obsessed with them. I know this puts them off me but I don't think that is the only reason. I think its becasue I am ugly and some people just wont give me a chance from that.
    I do have male friends and I know they would never like me in that way (and I am sure it is because of the way I look).
    I know I need to get over this mentality but I just don't know what I do wrong.. at the moment there is a guy I really like- I am claiming I have got over him at the moment because I now know I have no chance and it is just hurting me even more..
    I personally like his personality, I don't find him extremely physically attractive. All I want is to know someone likes me in the same way as I like them and to feel "hugged".
    People say when you are content with yourself, relationships just come but plently of my friends do not feel content with themselves and they have guys all the time! I do actually feel quite content with myself.. it's just I don't think I am very attractive and don't know how anyone else could look at me in that way..
    To me, a girlfriend is a bonus. I am very thankful for not having any physical disabilities and being a fully functional human being.

You are right- everyday I am thankful for all the most amazing things in this world!
    But Vans shoes maybe not as look at the bottom of them- they are still an anti-semetic company!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.