Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im not convinced... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john!!)
    probably cos most guys arent looking too hard at a club scene
    but even in the day i find that the "done up" girls attract alot more attention. maybe its because they look easy somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Slim is best. Curvy is good but I prefer slim girls. Stick-thin is disgusting, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersonic)
    Its because your more likely to get sex off materialistic girls. Got to play the odds...
    since when did sex, 36-36-36 and materialism got related...i wasnt notified of it

ReputationRep:
    This post is no different for guys. A lot of girls on this board say they prefer guys who aren't arrogant, or too loud, or show off if they know they're good looking. However, in the clubs, these are the guys that get the attention. It's the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzz)
    This post is no different for guys. A lot of girls on this board say they prefer guys who aren't arrogant, or too loud, or show off if they know they're good looking. However, in the clubs, these are the guys that get the attention. It's the same thing.
    ah, touche!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    the person who started this thread does have a point.i notice the same when im out. and im not talking about cleary shallow men, i mean most guys. i hardly ever see naturally pretty girls with minimal make up on, of an average dress size getting chatted up or looked at. i find that the girls who are slimmer with short skirts and low cut tops and tons of make up get the most attention from males.

i find the same to b true !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleyisblonde)
    guys, many a time i have read on TSR that boys prefer curvy girls who dont wear a great deal of makeup. Unfortunately i am not convinced. The many times i have been out to clubs, parties etc... blokes appear to swarm around the anorexic girls with their faces plastered in fake tan, foundation and 56 layers of mascara. This is rather confusing.....would love to hear your comments. What do u actually consider curvy? (im a size 10/12) Girls...do you notice this also?
    But them views are just of guys on here, its a small majority and the guys you see are probablly alot more shallow

ReputationRep:
    guys, many a time i have read on TSR that boys prefer curvy girls who dont wear a great deal of makeup. Unfortunately i am not convinced. The many times i have been out to clubs, parties etc... blokes appear to swarm around the anorexic girls with their faces plastered in fake tan, foundation and 56 layers of mascara. This is rather confusing.....would love to hear your comments. What do u actually consider curvy? (im a size 10/12) Girls...do you notice this also?
    10/12 is too big, 8 is the curviest I'll go.

When used moderately, foundation combined with mascara is hot. Fake tan is better than being pale.

ReputationRep:
    i'm happy with my sick colour, but loads of people i know prefer looking tan rather than being pale. i see their point though because there was this friend on mine who's pale and whenever she gets sick, she gets paler so you can easily tell when she's not feeling well.

ReputationRep:
    This is rather sad isn't it? Let's judge the behaviour of the male population by their behaviour between the hours of 12 am and 2 am (or later) whilst under the influence of alcohol in a poorly lit area with disorientatingly loud music.

It is a pretty poor reflection on society when most people can only initiate romantic relationships with the opposite sex in a nightclub.

A piece of advice - look elsewhere for caring and sensitive menfolk.

Also, unless you are a midget size 10 is slim. Numbers aren't important, it is about your opinion of your body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy)
    10/12 is too big, 8 is the curviest I'll go.

When used moderately, foundation combined with mascara is hot. Fake tan is better than being pale.
    10/12 is too big??! As if pressures about size and weight aren't enough... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe with naturally pretty girls, they’re difficult to approach. While the girls with an inch of make up on and barely any clothes are highly likely to be easy…lets be honest now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    I'll take being pale over being tanned any day.

People who are naturally pale never look good tanned.
    People who are naturally pale never look good.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a personal preference not a fact

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen the sun light in 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    I do.
    You lie.

ReputationRep:
    You lie.
    Good argument im sure u can prove that ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zav)
    Good argument im sure u can prove that ....
    Sure, send me a picture of you and I will honestly judge you. If you are even semi attractive I will issue a public apology.

ReputationRep:
    Well i can't as its not me we are talkin about but your view is not the final judgement as you can't base it on personal preference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zav)
    Well i can't as its not me we are talkin about but your view is not the final judgement as you can't base it on personal preference
    Sure you can

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.