Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

People keeping saying I am spoilt watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    Lately, I’ve had a few diff people tell me I’m spoilt or that ‘I’ve had a lot of help from mummy and daddy’. It is true in a sense, I am quite ‘spoilt’, I’m an only child, so I have nothing wanted for anything. but I'm not the type who asks for 100's and gets it kind of thing. anyway, I’m getting kind of worried; I didn’t know people could see/sense this in others. I don’t act, or come across as spoilt in any way (least I don’t think so) can anyone give me any help on what people may mean what they say this? Are there ways in which I can stop seeming so ‘spoilt’

Thanks all
    If you dont act spoilt and you aint been going on about the latest new sports car your parents got you, then it will be the fact these people are just jealous and jumping to conclusions

ReputationRep:
    “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with being a bit spoilt? as long as ur dont flaunt things about and act like a brat who are you really offending/hurting?

ReputationRep:
    Im an only child and i absolutely hate people immediately assuming that i'm spoilt. i personally don't think i am, i havent heard anyone else call me it, and i can think of other people (who arent only children) who are far more spoilt in terms of gettin stuff from parents. in comparison with ur other friends, do you get more stuff than them? if you get moderately more stuff, then theyre probably jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    only childs (k so I don't know the plural?!)
    ....children................???? ????????

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy who gets 50 quid a week from his parents and got a free car for his 18th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child too and sometimes I get labelled spoilt. I try not to let it get to me. I explain that of course I'm spoilt... I get far more than my siblings.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child, and i don't mind when people call me spoilt, i am. LIttle things like having a sky box in my room seem to indicate this to my friends. However, i don't act spoiled, i'm careful with money and i don't ask my parents for much. I also work very hard to get my own spending money. I think there's a difference between acting like you're spoiled and having more material things than others. xx

ReputationRep:
    i am in the same position, i know it gets people's backs up when you so much as hint that you put your loan into an isa to make money on the interest, mum and dad pay the rent and give me an nice allowance etc....so i have found now that it's just best to shut up about it and lie, obviously not to the people that i know best... but i'm always saying things like...oh must get a good job so i can pay off my massive student loan, or no i'm totally broke-my loan's run out till the end of term if i can't be bothered going out somewhere....it makes life simpler!
    i also don't act spoiled either- if you meet someone that is- it is so annoying- isn't it?! i'm careful with my money, i still hunt for the bargains at the supermarket etc....in the end people being jelous and calling you spoilt is fair enough if you act it!

I always get called spoilt. My parents bought me a brand new car and paid the insurance for christmas but thats about it. I don't get EMA or a weekly allowance and i don't ask for anything from my parents except like what i would like for b days etc. I have a job and i work my arse of and pay rent evry week. I pay my own petrol my own dinner money anything i want i buy with my own money. My parents are3 great i dont rely on them but know that if needed to they would be there for me. Your just privaleged and that a good think, jsut be grateful and whatever people say ignore it. Sometimes it can be interesting to look at others lifestyles some people can be very critercising and contradicting. (sorry bout spelling).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.