Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candino)
    Is Ocean that good of a club that they go like every 2 days lol hows the music too.... Im into everything really but at clubs, im more urban, techno, rap, hip hop watever... although i dont mind the rock as long as its not abused played all the time i like a huge variety type music at clubs... but ya lookin forward tooooo it.... Candino will be partying quite hard catch me sooon
    Candino, Ocean and Oceana are 2 different Clubs. Looks to me like your tastes are more suited to the kind of nights Detonate and Firefly hold. They have them in a couple of places so just look out for the posters.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Cookie Club... but we love our regular Friday nights that go Lloyds at the waterfront then Ocean! I love Isis too. Not an Oceana fan at all.

ReputationRep:
    Ocean is only funny when you're very very very very drunk and with really good friends who are equally drunk. Then dancing around to the awful cheese becomes kind of ironic.

Oceana has pretentions of being a good nightclub. Thus it is awful whatever state you go there and a little boring as the only thing to do there is pulling ugly blonde sluts.

There are some very good bars in Nottingham, however. And the indie clubs are impressive as well. Cookie on Wednesdays is great, so is Stealth on Thursdays.

ReputationRep:
    you should hear what 'the ugly blonde sluts' say about you mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead man's shoes)
    Ironically enough, he's a bit of a slut himself. And blonde. Aren't ya Vlad... eh?

ReputationRep:
    lol! Lots of people want to have sex with Vlad, he's rather in demand. I think even Alex is interested. xx

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am in the 'Sex with Vlad' group on facebook

ReputationRep:
    Are you an ugly blonde slut? You seem very hurt by my comment.

ReputationRep:
    No you're confusing me with your mother again

ReputationRep:
    No you're confusing me with your mother again
    Whoah, hold on, I've seen his mum and at the very least she's a fit blonde slut.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, Alex, my mum appreciates that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    Cheers, Alex, my mum appreciates that.
    Oh, believe me she did...

ReputationRep:
    In the worst possible way, you are a ****, Alex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    In the worst possible way, you are a ****, Alex.
    That's just what your mum said

ReputationRep:
    I love rock. So I guess it's Rock City then (well I mean from the name...)

Any other good rock joints around?

I mean not only places where the DJ plays rock but where there's live music?

ReputationRep:
    Rescue Rooms is pretty sweet, they do some good nights. Cookie Club also does good alt/indie nights and sometimes Snug on a Monday night will do some sort of acoustic act or similar cool thing.

ReputationRep:
    You soon learn where to go, there are loads of rock places in notts but from what ive heard some of them are less than desireable. I only hear good things bout cookie club, rock city (sometimes), some ppl I know go to club NME on thursdays at stealth (normally a rather different kind of venue!!),

Thers loads of really cool bars in notts on the waterfront, lace market etc etc and its just a matter of finding where you like!! Go on bar crawls run by Karni and stuff or for yourself and find where you like to go as pre-venues. Also Oceana on a tuesday was pretty good the one time I was there, but too sober was only problem!!

I like the way you refer to the Bag O Nails as the bag o ****e sim, thats funny... never actually been in!!

Never been to broadgate actually, I did intend to at the start of the year to see your place, but never did ... been to the peacock a bit though but my mates refuse to buy tickets for ocean from you guys and always get me to guest list them, stop making them buy a pint as they come grovelling to me every damn time!!

ReputationRep:
    By all means pop in for pint at Broadgate, would be nice to put a face to a name.

The Ocean ticket thing? We're the only place that keeps all it's tickets back 'til Friday and limits the number per person to try and make it a bit fairer/easier for people to get at least one for themselves. I was in the Bag one Friday afternoon, and the second person in a queue of 75ish people bought 50 of their 100 tickets. That to me is just stupid.
    To be perfectly honest, selling them is a real pain in the arse 'cos you always get people pissed off and moaning (on one occasion screaming!)at the staff that we've sold out. Making people buy a drink is just a little way of us recouping the wages we have to pay the 3 staff we need to deal with the rush.

If they got a job with us, they'd get guest-listed every week anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... Broadgate rocks, eh Sim? Oh, and well done on getting the bars for the AU Ball and Summer Party! Sounds sweet this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    By all means pop in for pint at Broadgate, would be nice to put a face to a name.
    I thought you two met each other in september, before the start of term? At least I certainly remember lewis saying so.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.