Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Brook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirly)
    ^^ definitely. I was on Microgynon first and that just messed me up, didn't like that at all. Yasmin doesn't affect anything but what it's meant to. Perfect.
    I was on something called Alesse in the US. I think it's called Levlen here. It worked fine with my body too, but didn't really do much for my acne. My boobs grew a cup size though... but I think that might have just been puberty because I was off the pill for almost 2 yrs and my cup size stayed the same, and still is now. But the acne's all gone thanks to Yasmin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu34)
    some GPs will only prescribe yasmin if you have pre menstrual symptoms.... but as you have then i would imagine taht it would still prescribed but if its not really relieving them your maybe better trying something else.
    Well my PMS really isn't bad at all... just the usual slight moodiness and teariness when sappy adverts about children with cancer are on tv...

ReputationRep:
    its usually dianette that is prescriberd for acne in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu34)
    its usually dianette that is prescriberd for acne in the UK.
    In the US it's usually Yasmin or Ortho-tri cyclen. I've heard some bad things about Dianette from friends that have been on it before. Just about weight gain and moodiness, it all depends on the person though. For me, Yasmin is great, but my friend hated being on it.

ReputationRep:
    most people i know on dianette wouldnt give it up with out a struggle. i think when they see the effects they are reluctant to go stop it uncase their skin reverts... although only supposed to be on it for a couple of years at a time... but i know people been on it for 5 years or more

ReputationRep:
    i'm confused and this is nothing to do with the OP, but, jessicarabbit- are you still going out with kingslaw??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirly)
    How old are you? Up to a certain age (20 I think if you're still in education.. correct me if I'm wrong) you don't have to pay for prescriptions. You just tick the little box that says you're in education and it's free
    It's '16, 17 or 18 and in fulltime education' unless you're in Wales and then everyone under 25 gets prescription items free. Although as someone has already said you always get contraception free, there's a box to tick further down the back of the prescription to say your doctor has prescribed you free of charge contraceptives.

And just for general information prescription charges have gone up to £6.65 an item in England.

ReputationRep:
    I get Yasmin for free and Im not a UK citizen, I get a prescrption from the local health centre and get it at the pharmacy.
    Im 21 and studying full time at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cielo)
    i'm confused and this is nothing to do with the OP, but, jessicarabbit- are you still going out with kingslaw??
    Indeed I am... he's the reason I'm on the pill!:rolleyes: :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.