Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asm1)
    i got in for 2 courses!
    I know 2 Singaporeans too who received offers for 2 courses. They applied for 3 courses at LSE but didn't receive the 3rd as the course was drastically different from what their PS was about, e.g. a PS for A&F applying for Management Science.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input Valerious... I understand what you are saying about applying to three courses, especially when they are quite varied ! The Management Science degree can include Accounting & Finance modules, so it shouldnt be too difficult to accomodate for both courses in my PS would it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    I know 2 Singaporeans too who received offers for 2 courses. They applied for 3 courses at LSE but didn't receive the 3rd as the course was drastically different from what their PS was about, e.g. a PS for A&F applying for Management Science.
    *Feels this applies to him*

ReputationRep:
    Applied for both Eco History and History, got an offer for both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.O.S)
    Applied for both Eco History and History, got an offer for both
    Wow...congratulations! Are you accepting any of them? I could understand how you could accomodate for Economic History and History, but do you guys feel A&F and Management Sciences is a bit of a stretch??

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be hard to write a good PS for both BSc Economic History and BSc Government and History? Would it be easier if I apply for BSc Economic History and BA International History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffreyweingard)
    Do you think it would be hard to write a good PS for both BSc Economic History and BSc Government and History? Would it be easier if I apply for BSc Economic History and BA International History?
    with my personal statement i mostly focused on why i want to do history rather than economics, but that was because my other applications elsewhere were for history.

i'd say for both u should be able to be able to right a good personal statement focusing on history and then a bit on either economics and Government.

Me personally i see Economic History and International History being easier as you can easily incorporate your interest for history when talking about why you like economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.O.S)
    Me personally i see Economic History and International History being easier as you can easily incorporate your interest for history when talking about why you like economics.
    But connecting history with politics is as easy as connecting economics with history?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest all of lse's courses are gonna be economically related.. whether its international or economic history or govt & hist...
    u cud basically talk about economics as taking the centre stage for any of the other subjects...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakatak)
    to be honest all of lse's courses are gonna be economically related.. whether its international or economic history or govt & hist...
    u cud basically talk about economics as taking the centre stage for any of the other subjects...
    thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.