x Turn on thread page Beta

What can I do with an LLB Law Degree in the Armed Forces? watch

• Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by john171)
    I never said I intended to enter the armed forces, I said, what could I do with a Law Degree in the armed forces. A degree in law gives me the widest spectrum of career options and therefore would be the least foolish degree.

Sports science? What happens if you dont want to go into the armed forces after your degree? I'll tell you what, you're screwed. 80% of sports graduates nowdays are UNEMPLOYED/are in a job that didnt require a degree, within their first six months. Go figure.

I won't disagree with you on the engineering side of things, however you have to have a real passion for engineering, becauase you will be BORED OUT OF YOUR SKULL if you don't. And secondly, an engineering course is just as tough as a Law Course.
    Well strangely, being as you posted in an Armed Forces forum, I answered on the basis that you had some interest in joining. However vacuous the questions posted on here are, most of us try to give genuine answers.

ReputationRep:
    I posted in the Armed Forces forum because I originally wanted an answer to the question "What could I do with a law degree in the armedforces?"

Genuine answers? A got replies from a bunch of morons with a distorted view of prospective law applicants:

Such as:

"
    a) Because they wish to pursue a career path that either requires a degree, or for which a degree would be advantageous, but the subject is not important.

b) Because they are foolish.

c) for the wow factor
    "

The only half-decent response I got was from Knoogle :

"I don't know about the UK, but here in Singapore, they don't really care what you got your degree in. All that matters is your degree classification."

ReputationRep:

"I don't know about the UK, but here in Singapore, they don't really care what you got your degree in. All that matters is your degree classification."
    You could have done your own research on the various MOD websites and foudn that out the same also applies in this country for the majority of jobs in the British Armed forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DPM)
    You could have done your own research on the various MOD websites and foudn that out the same also applies in this country for the majority of jobs in the British Armed forces.
    You could have SHUT THE HELL UP.

Just kidding. :p:

For your information I did, I am more intrested in finding out how I could apply the transferable skills I would obtain from a law degree to a career within the armed forces.

ReputationRep:
    I posted in the Armed Forces forum because I originally wanted an answer to the question "What could I do with a law degree in the armedforces?"

Genuine answers? A got replies from a bunch of morons with a distorted view of prospective law applicants:

Such as:

"
    a) Because they wish to pursue a career path that either requires a degree, or for which a degree would be advantageous, but the subject is not important.

b) Because they are foolish.

c) for the wow factor
    "

Law degrees, and any other such as English, History etc, where the degree is based on learning and digesting large chunks of material, are, in my opinion, not the best option if you wish to persue a career in the armed forces. Degrees where you learn a concept, such as maths, eng etc, are better as you are more likely to use the concept (i.e. maths) in your future career than have to recite a judgement passed down by Lord **** or whoever in 1978.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    What can I do with an LLB Law Degree in the Armed Forces?

Straight after graduating with a Law Degree, what options does this give me in the armed forces, if any?

Based on my 17 years experience in the Armed Forces, and keeping a close eye on recruitment and what makes a successful applicant throughout that time, I would suggest that you have very little chance, based on the attitude you display in your posts. Your degree has nothing to do with it.

You asked the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raptor)
    Law degrees, and any other such as English, History etc, where the degree is based on learning and digesting large chunks of material, are, in my opinion, not the best option if you wish to persue a career in the armed forces. Degrees where you learn a concept, such as maths, eng etc, are better as you are more likely to use the concept (i.e. maths) in your future career than have to recite a judgement passed down by Lord **** or whoever in 1978.
    I see, so being able to analyse information, deal with all sorts of people, and evaluate the relevant from the irrelevant are useless skills?

I'm sorry, what do Int officers do again?

ReputationRep:
    I see, so being able to analyse information, deal with all sorts of people, and evaluate the relevant from the irrelevant are useless skills?

I'm sorry, what do Int officers do again?
    Are these skills not required to complete an Engineering degree? Have you started Uni yet?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Based on my 17 years experience in the Armed Forces, and keeping a close eye on recruitment and what makes a successful applicant throughout that time, I would suggest that you have very little chance, based on the attitude you display in your posts. Your degree has nothing to do with it.

You asked the question.
    Based on the attitude I have displayed in the above posts you are able to tell me from your experience that I have little chance of getting a job in the armed forces?

What do you do for a living?

I doubt you've had 17 years in the armed forces because if you did you know better than to go around saying it on an internet forum.

Based on what you've said I doubt you have anything to do with the armed forces and that you're probably lying. If you really are in the armed forces, which I doubt, I think you're a plonker. Tell me something, why the hell would a MIDDLE AGED soldier be on a 12-21 year old student forum?

ReputationRep:
    Are these skills not required to complete an Engineering degree? Have you started Uni yet?:confused:
    Yes they are required to complete an Engineering degree, whats your point?

Are you saying I should take an engineering degree? Will perhaps I don't like Engineering.

Have I started university yet? No. Do I intend to go? Maybe.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Based on the attitude I have displayed in the above posts you are able to tell me from your experience that I have little chance of getting a job in the armed forces?

What do you do for a living?

I doubt you've had 17 years in the armed forces because if you did you know better than to go around saying it on an internet forum.

Based on what you've said I doubt you have anything to do with the armed forces and that you're probably lying. If you really are in the armed forces, which I doubt, I think you're a plonker. Tell me something, why the hell would a MIDDLE AGED soldier be on a 12-21 year old student forum?
    Do some research, all will become clear

ReputationRep:
    Do some research, all will become clear
    Whatever. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Whatever. :p:

There's no way you'd get anywhere near a career in the forces. Try McDonalds loser.

ReputationRep:

There's no way you'd get anywhere near a career in the forces. Try McDonalds loser.
    There's absolutely no need to lower yourself to petty abusive insults. That was simply uncalled for.

A piece of advice for you pal, 50% of what's said on this forum is basically crap. Don't take any of it to heart.

ReputationRep:
    WTF are you talking about?

Based on what you've said I doubt you have anything to do with the armed forces and that you're probably lying. If you really are in the armed forces, which I doubt, I think you're a plonker. Tell me something, why the hell would a MIDDLE AGED soldier be on a 12-21 year old student forum
    One, he's not a soldier. Two, where does it say 12-21? It's for students of all ages, hence they have a sub forum for mature students. As you're only a school boy I'll explain what a mature student is: someone over 21. Three, you're a c0ck jockey.

All the advice given to you by 3PD has been helpful. Read his/her first post in this thread.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper

Based on what you've said I doubt you have anything to do with the armed forces and that you're probably lying.

If you really are in the armed forces, which I doubt, I think you're a plonker.

Tell me something, why the hell would a MIDDLE AGED soldier be on a 12-21 year old student forum?

Jolly good, I can take it that none of these are petty, abusive insults then?

ReputationRep:
    Jolly good, I can take it that none of these are petty, abusive insults then?
    No, those are not insults. Those are questions.

If I were to call you a ****, that would be an insult. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone left Neg rep for him yet? I would but I haven't got any left for today.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Actually, only one is a question.

All I can say is that it's a good job I am around. Imagine what a bonehead someone would look if they asked a question like "What can I do with an LLB Law Degree in the Armed Forces?" in a forum that had a 21 year age limit. Being as how you can hardly have a degree and any appreciable Armed Forces experience at the age of 21.

If I can save just one person a day from looking a pr*t
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by DPM)
    Has everyone left Neg rep for him yet? I would but I haven't got any left for today.
    Sorry, I'm to middle-aged to have worked out how to do that in this forum for 12-21 year olds

:bawling:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.