Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Snape Still A Good Guy??! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: IS SNAPE STILL A GOOD GUY?!
    Yes
    60.10%
    No
    20.21%
    Not sure
    19.69%

ReputationRep:
    Snape is still good because he's played by Alan Rickman.

'nuf said.

ReputationRep:
    In the 6 book, Hagrid says at some point that he overheard Dumbledore and Snape arguing because Snape had promised to do something for Dumbledore but didnt want to, and Dumbledore was saying he had to or something like that - that, along with Dumbledore's "begging" make me think that he asked Snape to kill him and thus that Snape is good...

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    29 poor, poor, deluded souls in for a shock when HP7 comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalmayhem)
    Snape is still good because he's played by Alan Rickman.

'nuf said.
    Although it is nice to see Mr Rickman playing the bad guy role :love:

ReputationRep:
    Alan Rickman's a bad guy in Die Hard tho

ReputationRep:
    i hope hes a good guy, tho i still hate him for killing dumbledore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    Alan Rickman's a bad guy in Die Hard tho
    :eek: hes in die hard? which one? oo i gotta watch it now.

i hope snape is still a good guy but the whole killing dumbledore thing was a shock...well..i dunno what to think, but i hope hes still a good guy

ReputationRep:
    I think its the first one...the title of the film is just 'Die Hard': http://www.rickmanistareview.com/diehard.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Rickman)
    Oh, yes... remember Die Hard??

queenofdiamonds :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Rickman)
    i do hope your being sarcastic there. alan rickman always plays the bad guy (apart from galaxy quest) and is brilliant at it.
    die hard (hans gruber)
    robin hood (one of the most evil villains ever)
    the 70's version of romeo and juliet (tybalt)

as for snape i say good guy. but for another reason than already stated. through the first five books they kept going on about how snape was a bad guy but he always turns out good (making the potion for lupin etc) so im betting on hes a good guy

ReputationRep:
    I never knew he played Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet...!!!

ReputationRep:
    Snape told Dumbledore that the unbreakable vow was just a story he made up to try and get Malfoy to tell him what Voldermort put him upto, if Snape was good then why would he lie about it? Infact why make the unbreakable vow in the first place? The best theory I've read so far is that Snape has feelings for Narcissa but isnt loyalty to DD more important? And also Snape would never let his feelings get in the way like that.

ReputationRep:
    i think he made the unbreakable vow so that Bellatrix would believe him that he's on Voldemort's side...

ReputationRep:
    But Bellatrix isn't that important, its Voldermort that he needs to be convincing and he's already got him convinced.

ReputationRep:
    yes he is! dumbledore trust him enough...i know he's a good guy.

ReputationRep:
    I think he is a bad guy definitely. There is a really big mystery as to what he told DD that made him believe him, and that DD was just too forgiving and caring

If Snape is Bad (which I think he is) then it's really quite irritating 'cause HP thought he was all along. I get the feeling Snape will redeem himself in some way, butI hope not, I hope he just gets killed- death spell style.

It could be that Dumbledore sacrificing himself for harry works like Harry's mum's sacrifice.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Snape isnt good or bad, maybe he's stuck in the middle and doesnt know which side to choose?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.