Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

VOTE!! IS Dumberdore DEAD or ALIVE??! watch

• View Poll Results: Dumbledore, DEAD or ALIVE?!
    Dead
    67.69%
    Alive
    17.47%
    Don't know
    8.30%
    Other
    6.55%

(Original post by Nightowl)
    I reckon the portrait will help him.

And :rofl: if they've buried Dumbledore alive
    It'll be like in all those horror movies, a quivering hand will suddenly burst from the ground...

ReputationRep:
    I think there might be something to do with DD's portrait because it is a fact afterall, and if we exclude all the other possibilities the only way D can communicate is throught his portrait. This portrait business is quite confusing as JK didn't explained anything about them at all and are we suppose to be under the impression that they are merely moving/talking? but from the way Sirius' great great grandfather behaves in DD's office(also the Fat lady when she ran away and the knight etc), it seems like the portraits can also act on their own will and is almost as alive as a wizard/witch..these portraits remind me of the film I.Robot (Will Smith) where this little gadget thing that projects the image of the Professor/Doctor who can answer limited questions and help Will Smith to complete his task........

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledores dead but what about the pensieve i think they are going to use his memories to take down voldermort.

ReputationRep:
    Dead, but I think he will be able to somehow 'communicate' with Harry and help him with Voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i agree with robusty that there'll be something to do wiv the portrait

ReputationRep:
    i read a really good theory the other day which involves snape too. it pointed out that in the beginning in harry's first potions lesson snape tells the class how he can 'put a stopper in death' and says this:

Anyway, Harry and Dumbledore make it out to the island and find the stone basin full of green potion. Dumbledore then drinks the potion and there at the bottom sits the locket that is unfortunately a fake. But does anybody notice that basin doesn't fill back up? So then, if the locket is a fake, that means the person who came and got the locket before Harry and Dumbledore (one Mr. or Mrs. R.A.B.) had to have drank the potion first, leaving the basin high and dry. Well, okay, now where did the green potion that Dumbledore drank come from? I believe that Dumbledore put it there himself, and the potion that he drinks is the potion that Snape says can "put a stopper on death".

So here we have it, a way for Snape to try to kill Dumbledore and not succeed.

This plan allows Snape to keep his promise to help Draco, and it also allows Dumbledore to keep his promise of keeping Snape safe as long as he is a spy for the Dark Lord.

http://www.veritaserum.com/theories/...ories/8-Deaths

there's a whole website dumbledoresnotdead.com or something like that (google it maybe?) that point out that you never actually see dumbledore's body at the funeral cause it's wrapped in cloth and also that wizards can do flame freezing charms (i think it says that in COS?) so he could like not be burned alive either when the tomb flames.

that's the best 'dumbledore's alive!!!!' theory i've heard so far, anyway.

personally i don't think he is still alive, i think he's dead (mainly cause his portrait's in the office and isn't that only supposed to happen when the wizard is dead?) but i agree that he'll find some way of helping harry be it through memories or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    It would be strange if he was alive

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be pessimistic

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    What? Dumbledore DIES?

ReputationRep:
    nah......not exactly anyway:

(Original post by Robusty)
    i voted 'other' because DD can come back by reincarnation, i.e. his body is dead but his soul/sprite is still conserved, so he may come back as a different person and behaves like DD. JK may use symbolic descriptions on this 'person' so that the readers will know this 'person' is in fact DD.

ReputationRep:
    i think he is dead...since harry is not strong enough as a wizard to fight voldemort, someone has to help him---and it would be snape

ReputationRep:
    I was going to vote for "dead", but then I saw "other" and made a new theory just so that I could vote for that.
    Dumbledore . . . IS A VAMPIRE! He is undead! He was bitten by the vampire at Slughorn's party. I mean, did it ever actually show him in the daylight after that? He was always away.
    Okay, actually, I don't think that's what happened, but it's too late to change my vote.:p:

ReputationRep:
    i said dont know i think he may be alive but we shall have to wait and see
    and wont there be some red faces round here if it turns out that he is alive with all the die hard HES DEAD fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    ... wont there be some red faces round here if it turns out that he is alive with all the die hard HES DEAD fans
    hehe:p:

ReputationRep:
    he's dead as a dodo

but i wish he could be alive though

but on the side note, i think JKR set up the scene for her book 7 VERY nicely. with dumbledore gone, there will be more killings, more disappearances, more excitement!!!

i cant wait for book 7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wottabout)
    I was going to vote for "dead", but then I saw "other" and made a new theory just so that I could vote for that.
    Dumbledore . . . IS A VAMPIRE! He is undead! He was bitten by the vampire at Slughorn's party. I mean, did it ever actually show him in the daylight after that? He was always away.
    Okay, actually, I don't think that's what happened, but it's too late to change my vote.:p:
    hey...................you never know that actually might be true ... its JKR remember

ReputationRep:
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    ok, firstly, he won't come back as a ghost, becuase of what Sir Nick said to Harry when Sirius died.
    The portrait is intresting, as he is slumped over his desk, which shows death, but other dead people have portraits and still move, and why didn't Sirius have one? Portraits need to be explained more

That thing about the potion, when does it say it didn't re-fill? It didn't mention it after they picked out the locket, but its a good theory.

But i think he is dead, but some how will help harry, i don't know, and don't want to know until i read the book!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, the potion theory is quite good, since RAB will have no reason to try to poison/kill the next person who finds the (fake) Horcrux..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.