Turn on thread page Beta

Whey protein- Your views watch

ReputationRep:
    whey protein is not just for bodybuilders/weightlifters, whey protein is a supplement that can be used by anybody who requires extra protein in their diet due to not already consuming enough protein (due to a hectic lifestlye, not eating meat.. whatever the reason), it always can be used as a convenient snack or meal replacement for people with no time to eat proper meals..

in your case the only reason you should consume whey protein would be if your current diet is lacking in protein, you do not require it for any peformance gains (unless you want to build muscle, if you were a sprinter for example)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bis)
    do you actually have any idea what you are on about? you make it sound like whey is some extreme drug. hate to break it to you, but you probably take it everyday without supplementation.
    well i'll admit to not putting it over correctly. Whey is a by product of the manufacturing of cheese from cows milk and seeing as though I don't drink milk or eat cheese, i hate to break it to you, I don't take it everyday.

But i stick with what i said - Whey is used to rebuild muscles (ok mainly for that) I wouldn't say it would be much use to a runner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3xhilaration)
    whey protein is a supplement that can be used by anybody who requires extra protein in their diet due to not already consuming enough protein.
    This reminds me. Whey protein is not the same protein you get from meat and that is what I meant by "It's not normal protien".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law:portal)
    well i'll admit to not putting it over correctly. Whey is a by product of the manufacturing of cheese from cows milk and seeing as though I don't drink milk or eat cheese, i hate to break it to you, I don't take it everyday.

But i stick with what i said - Whey is used to rebuild muscles (ok mainly for that) I wouldn't say it would be much use to a runner.
    look - you obviously have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. if you think cheese is the only thing with whey in it then you are a complete twit.

whey is used for so many other things. weight management and cardiovascular work is included in that.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't chocolate have whey in it?

ReputationRep:
    yep, and pretty much everything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.