Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living - The Streets watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_ndy_)
    Well if its anything like AGDCFF then ill love it, i loved that album.. a little bit more then OPM... don't know why, i just did

Ill have a listen through it when i get it, and im sure i will love it just as much as i did the other ones

the last one is "fake street hats"? with a name like that, i hope it is a funny song..
    Lol The music in OPM and AGDCFF is very different, so if you preferred the latter you'll definitely like this one.

It's actually not funny at all lol, however plenty of the songs on the album have very amusing lyrics so you won't be disappointed

ReputationRep:
    lol... as long as its funny, ill be happy

ReputationRep:
    it's a pretty good album really but I think it sounds a little bit rushed, definitley not quite as good as the last 2.

You just know 'never went to Church' will get so overplayed, next Dry Your eyes without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    You just know 'never went to Church' will get so overplayed, next Dry Your eyes without a doubt.
    Definitely, although i've played All Goes Out The Window so many times because it just sounds better and better every time I listen to it. What are your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    I really dont rate the Streets. they played in my town recently and i didnt go to see them, even tho many of my friends did. i dunno, i just dont really enjoy their music personally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    it's a pretty good album really but I think it sounds a little bit rushed, definitley not quite as good as the last 2.

Really?! that good eh :p:

ive luckily found it to download, and its almost half way through.. so, hopefully it is good, if it is, ill buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I obtained it several weeks ago and I absolutely hated it at first. It's definitely grown on me though, and thankfully, "When You Wasn't Famous" is the weakest song- just as I had hoped.

My overall conclusion remains the same though: half the invention of A Grand Don't Come For Free and absolutely none of Original Pirate Material's conviction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Definitely, although i've played All Goes Out The Window so many times because it just sounds better and better every time I listen to it. What are your opinions?
    yeah that's another really catchy song maybe the next fit but you know it, in a way, one of the strongest tracks on the album. Like someone said, the weakest song is 'When You wasn't famous' which has actually grown on me.

ReputationRep:
    Best songs after a few listens: Prangin Out, Hotel Expression, War of the Sexes, Memento Mori

ReputationRep:
    Just finished listening to it, im quite impressed with a few songs on this album..

can't con a honest john, hotel expressionism and Memento Mori..

ill have to listen to it a few more times to like the rest, but i ain't bothered, seems alright so far

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.