Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A University turning my Conditional into an Unsuccessful watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    right well i called them up...had to explain to them the differences between maths studies, standard, higher level....etc...and then they were like okay so we'll change it to a standard level and i should get a score of 4. And then they were like, we apologize for any inconvience blah blah blah...and that they were simply not familiar with the IB standard requirements for architecture.....so yeah its fine, and they're not changing my offer to an unsucccessful!

-but seriously i think a university should have full knowledge of every qualification!!! before they set their requirements!
    They should, yes.

Glad it's resolved now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yay! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    I take the IB in a school in kent, so they are just completely retarded lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    right well i called them up...had to explain to them the differences between maths studies, standard, higher level....etc...and then they were like okay so we'll change it to a standard level and i should get a score of 4. And then they were like, we apologize for any inconvience blah blah blah...and that they were simply not familiar with the IB standard requirements for architecture.....so yeah its fine, and they're not changing my offer to an unsucccessful!

-but seriously i think a university should have full knowledge of every qualification!!! before they set their requirements!
    Glad that everything turned out to be fine. But hey, sometimes it's better they don't know too much about your exam system (when it comes to not declaring grades or hiding 'GSCE's' )

ReputationRep:
    i know this is different but.. if you fail an AS level and dont tell the uni do they still find out?

as in on the application form if i just "forget" to put down a U grade I got on the grade list..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    i know this is different but.. if you fail an AS level and dont tell the uni do they still find out?

as in on the application form if i just "forget" to put down a U grade I got on the grade list..
    AFAIK you're legally required to list all your qualifications which you have cashed it.

No idea what that means, but I remember reading that somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    A 'U' Grade is a fail and you aren't given a certificate for them so I don't think you'll need to put it down. Can someone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArVi)
    A 'U' Grade is a fail and you aren't given a certificate for them so I don't think you'll need to put it down. Can someone confirm?
    Well since it isn't a "qualification" per se, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Well since it isn't a "qualification" per se, probably not.
    Yeah that's what I thought. But you definitely have to declare all other grades including D, E, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it's probably better to just decline the grade rather than not put it down and hope UCAS doesn't see it!

I'm sure a teacher told me to do that when I got a "U" in a subject, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    If you decline it, you don't have to put it down, since you dont actually have the qualification. You just have the individual modules.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding turning an Unsuccessful to Conditional.

Just say one gets his final outcome (a rejection) and has a month to choose Firm + Insurance but then 2 weeks later an Unsuccessful turns to a Conditional, does the month before you have to decide start again (because there has been an alteration).

Cheers

John

ReputationRep:
    You need to go to the university and find the subject-specific requirements. eg if it says 31 overall, no subject specifications then you should go to the general matriculation requirements. if you cover both of those, then you're fine. keep in mind, if they're asking HL of you, then you doing SL and going to that uni anyways should tell you that you may find the course v. difficult. you may need a lot of maths that you don't have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John5000)
    Regarding turning an Unsuccessful to Conditional.

Just say one gets his final outcome (a rejection) and has a month to choose Firm + Insurance but then 2 weeks later an Unsuccessful turns to a Conditional, does the month before you have to decide start again (because there has been an alteration).

Cheers

John
    You have to decide by a certain blanket deadline, i.e. applicable to everyone. The deadline isn't determined by when you received your last decision.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.