Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Durham, St Andrew's, UCL, York...English 2006...

most likely Durham, but mainly because I went to the open days and had an amazing experience there. obv love the course, too....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    in Edinburgh you'll die of cold, or become frozen and won't defrost until graduation..meaning you will learn nothing.

case closed, Durham it is :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: *sigh*

There are a lot less Edinburgh people on here, and even so, people do like to say their uni is the best without considering why they're recommending it to a specific person. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Well I can't say too much for other universities, but I would expect that the "community spirit" at Durham is second to none. Even Oxbridge, as their colleges are academic based (ie. you get taught within your college) and so you don't get out as much. Durham colleges are so much more welfare and social - based institutions which makes a college feel more like "home" than Oxbridge colleges which are just glorified boarding schools
    Oy!...in your opinion! :p: &, for the record, students at Cambridge don't necessarily have supervisions within their college, in fact, most have them outside it, so, y'see, we can't help but get out a bit there. :p:
    Oh, and to the OP: Edinburgh's lovely, but I'd go for Durham personally: but think about which course would suit you more, there must be some differences there that could swing the balance.

ReputationRep:
    Check this thread for my dilemma -- Advice appreciated

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212063

ReputationRep:
    Durham sounds like it's got the best atmosphere but Edinburgh sounds like the course is more suited to you. Why not let the teaching decide. If you go to http://www.qaa.org.uk/reviews/default.asp Then you can see independant academic standards reviews by the Quality Assurance Agency for every institution and course in existance in the UK.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.