Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zav)
    Hope her dad is not a member of the NF,C18 or the BNP. If he is punch him.

Apart from that there is 4 years which is alot at ur age so be careful with what u do as sex will be counted as rape

Otherwise enjoy
    I realise she is considered to be under the legal age of consent, so it would count as some sort of abuse, but is abuse the same as rape? It's all academic really I suppose. It's like asking if a paedophile is the same as a rapist... Not that I'm saying the OP is either. You sound like an alright guy, but everyone else here is right, you have to be careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Some 14 year old girls do look a lot older.
    what do looks matter. still a child. like saying that some 5 year olds look 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    i think her mum would probably more worried that her daughter is meeting an 18 year old off the internet then she would your race.

:s: tbhwhat does an 18 year see in an underage 14 year old?
    Is it possible to have an underage fourteen year old? Anyone 13 or under wouldn't be considered 14 :p: Maybe she has a more mature personality? I know many 17/18 year olds with the mind set of 14 year olds, and vice versa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Some 14 year old girls do look a lot older.
    she is gonna be 15 next week anyway. ollieemccowan 2ur question, mybe she is not muthure enough 2have sex but wot like about is her personality and the rest. she is great!!! ive spoken 2 her about the age difference aswell but she said all her friends think its quit cool + "wot great sex u gonna have" but i made it clear we need 2wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HagerVor)
    what do looks matter. still a child. like saying that some 5 year olds look 7
    Correct she is still a child. But what's the crime? He's only said he likes the girl and has shown he has enough maturity to tell her she'll have to wait until she's legal. People have to stop making stereotypical assumptions of 18 year old men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleking02)
    she is gonna be 15 next week anyway. i made it clear we need 2wait.
    respect is due for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleking02)
    she is gonna be 15 next week anyway. ollieemccowan 2ur question, mybe she is not muthure enough 2have sex but wot like about is her personality and the rest. she is great!!! ive spoken 2 her about the age difference aswell but she said all her friends think its quit cool + "wot great sex u gonna have" but i made it clear we need 2wait.
    Yeah I understand mate, you don't have to explain yourself to anybody

Just try and take what positive things there are in this thread if you can.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is 5 years older than me and I'm only 17 so I can understand all about the waiting and everything.

Just be sensible, eh?

As long as you wait everything should be fine, but because her being 14/15 you should actually discuss your relationship together with her parents so when they do find out they dont go crazy and call the police or something

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ man find some 1 your age. Your an adult now but you wanna go sniffing around 14yr olds.

ReputationRep:
    There shouldn't be a problem, the reason her parents want to meet you is most likely because shes just a kid and your 18, need i say more as to what they think???
    And if your planning on doing anything sexual with her i would say its a very bad idea, if you want to avoid any problems then avoid doing that.

ReputationRep:
    This strikes me as a bit odd -- you meet on MSN, you know that she's practically a pre-teen and you're a full adult, and you still want to meet up and date her. You don't even know her real personality, as if the age gap wasn't enough. Why don't you go out clubbing or anything to find someone your own age?

ReputationRep:
    all I will say is 14 is too young for anything that has to do with serious relationships. I swear...

ReputationRep:
    you no wat littleking i would not be worried i once went out with a lad who was 17 when i was 14 which is nearly the same as what you are saying and no one blinked an eye in our direction it is not a bad thing if you have an age gap and about the blk/white thing well i wouldnt be worried be proud of your colour and if her mates dont like it tell the girl your going to meet that you dont think her mates like you and i am 99% sure she will tell them that being black is not a bad thing so take everything in your stride and be proud of who you are

luv yaz all sammy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    all I will say is 14 is too young for anything that has to do with serious relationships. I swear...
    I agree.

:s: tbhwhat does an 18 year see in an underage 14 year old?
    Erm... Someone older than 18 fell for me when I was 14 so it can happen. I wasn't too pleased though:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mudman)
    Is it possible to have an underage fourteen year old? Anyone 13 or under wouldn't be considered 14 :p: Maybe she has a more mature personality? I know many 17/18 year olds with the mind set of 14 year olds, and vice versa...
    You know what i meant :p:

I know of no 14 year old with the "mature" mind of a 16/17 year old

It's a myth :p: no such creature could exist-there's far too many hormones involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_Fairy101)
    you no wat littleking i would not be worried i once went out with a lad who was 17 when i was 14 which is nearly the same as what you are saying and no one blinked an eye in our direction it is not a bad thing if you have an age gap and about the blk/white thing well i wouldnt be worried be proud of your colour and if her mates dont like it tell the girl your going to meet that you dont think her mates like you and i am 99% sure she will tell them that being black is not a bad thing so take everything in your stride and be proud of who you are

luv yaz all sammy
    I think that post just proved my theory :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You know what i meant :p:

I know of no 14 year old with the "mature" mind of a 16/17 year old

It's a myth :p: no such creature could exist-there's far too many hormones involved
    OK, maybe that was going a bit far, but I was trying to say some of the 17/18 year olds aren't as mature as some of the 15/16 year olds i know.

NB: I said 'as mature' not 'mature'. I know I still laugh at fart jokes and the word 'titmouse' lol

ReputationRep:
    When i was 18 i went out with someone who was 14 theres nowt wrong with it at all, we went out for about 6 months but at the end of the day her immaturity got to me and it ended.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.