Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to fill in the reference number, you can carry on with the application though. You will get the reference number once you have completed the whole thing.

I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I believe you now, wιzard. I e-mailed SAAS and asked them about the forms and they said it's not necessary to send those. Better safe than sorry, anyway.. (And of course I'm not stubborn or anything. :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    i guess international students arent eligible?

ReputationRep:
    If you are not Scottish or from the E.U. you're not eligible.

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    so much for the online thing...my parents refuse to fill it in online...so i just do the paper one, which SAAS say they automatically send me, but i haven't got it...arrrgggh!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone who's applying for the first time got their reference number? i filled in a form online and sent it and they said they were gonna send me my number and stuff but it's been quite some time now - about 3 weeks i think - and i still haven't got anything.

ReputationRep:
    The SAAS Ref no. will be mentioned in the Award Notice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by martika)
    has anyone who's applying for the first time got their reference number? i filled in a form online and sent it and they said they were gonna send me my number and stuff but it's been quite some time now - about 3 weeks i think - and i still haven't got anything.
    I think they usually get back within a couple weeks normally...maybe you should phone them to check?

ReputationRep:
    When do they need to be finished by?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    12th May! :eek: I've been late before with noooo problems though!

ReputationRep:
    Both my firm and insurance offers are conditionals. Can I still apply for the student loan at this point in time?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i think so...i think you put your firm choice on the form.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received the award notice, either. I sent my application on 12th April, blah. I don't know how they process it. It's the first time I'm applying so maybe they have to wait the confirmation or something. (I have a conditional offer and I'm an EU student so maybe it takes longer..)

About the award notice:
    We aim to process correctly filled-in applications within 21 days of receiving them. You can track the progress of your application using our online services. If you do not receive your award notice within 28 days of sending your application, please phone our helpline on 0845 111 1711.

Apparently the tracking service doesn't work, though. I'll probably wait for the 28 days to go and get worried after that..

By the way, what do you people mean by the reference number? It is shown in the last page of application, after you have sent it. At least on my application. If it's the same number we're meaning here. It doesn't say anywhere that they will send it in the award notice letter.. Or maybe it's some other thing for those to apply for a loan or something.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    your reference number is printed on your award notice. Yes and saas give you one at the end of online applications too...to speed up the checking process if you need to phone them its a good idea to keep hold of the number (write it down and put it in a safe place), otherwise they will ask you a load of personal questions when you phone i think.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i had posted this question somewhere, but now i can't find it i guess i didnt save it properly

so i applied for this coca cola scholarship, but it says that applicants should be self-financed. it covers tuition fees, too, so i guess i wouldn't need SAAS if i get it. but i'm not exactly sure i will

i wonder if i apply to SAAS now that would be a problem for coca cola, maybe i wouldn't be self-financed then, so i wouldn't be eligible...should i wait for their answer first? they'll notify my in the late july...will it be too late for SAAS if they decline?

what should i do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raly)
    hi, i had posted this question somewhere, but now i can't find it i guess i didnt save it properly

so i applied for this coca cola scholarship, but it says that applicants should be self-financed. it covers tuition fees, too, so i guess i wouldn't need SAAS if i get it. but i'm not exactly sure i will

i wonder if i apply to SAAS now that would be a problem for coca cola, maybe i wouldn't be self-financed then, so i wouldn't be eligible...should i wait for their answer first? they'll notify my in the late july...will it be too late for SAAS if they decline?

what should i do ?
    I answered this in your other thread. Being funded my SAAS would most probably invalidate your Coca-Cola scholarship. You can apply for SAAS funding right up until March or April of that academic year (ie. for 2009-2010 year the applications close in March 2010), so you have plenty of time. It's just good to get it in early so that you can get any money when term starts and any problems can be figured out sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    I answered this in your other thread. Being funded my SAAS would most probably invalidate your Coca-Cola scholarship. You can apply for SAAS funding right up until March or April of that academic year (ie. for 2009-2010 year the applications close in March 2010), so you have plenty of time. It's just good to get it in early so that you can get any money when term starts and any problems can be figured out sooner rather than later.
    10x
    i'll wait for their answer then

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I was waondering if someone could help me

I'm applying through SAAS just now and was wondering if I should open a student account or not? I know it's best for the overdraught and keeping things seperate etc, but I was wondering if it would be easier to just put down my own account just now (a normal account) or open a student one now and put those details down? Will I be able to change it later if I do open one? will it just be more complicated etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javjamoll)
    Hey!

I was waondering if someone could help me

I'm applying through SAAS just now and was wondering if I should open a student account or not? I know it's best for the overdraught and keeping things seperate etc, but I was wondering if it would be easier to just put down my own account just now (a normal account) or open a student one now and put those details down? Will I be able to change it later if I do open one? will it just be more complicated etc?
    I don't think there are many student account offers at the moment, they tend to come out during the summer so you're more likely to be accepted to one. To change account details just entails filling out a simple form with your old account details and your new ones. You may have to change the details every year, but the form is so simple to fill in that it doesn't really make a difference.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.