Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC in Business ---> Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to the student room so im gettin use 2 using it.... I just wanted 2 no im currently doin a btec national certificate in business ive completed my first yr and got M D. im predicted the same for the second yr. is this enough to go 2 uni and do a degree course in accounting? or will i hav 2 do A HND... could some tell me plz thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple)
    If you want to get into a decent uni then do some well respected traditional A Levels, it will also help when coming to employment people want employees with a wide range of skills.
    Yeah like City Uni, Queen Mary Uni of London and King's College Uni of London don't consider BTECs(!)

ReputationRep:
    i did btec certificate in business and got into sheffield hallam, to get on the course i wanted i needed 240 points, which was easy considering in 1st year of college i did 3 other AS subjects got an E in one, D in another and C which i carried on to A2 and got D. If youre doing another subject aswell u will find it quite easy to get in. I got double distinction in business so ended up having far more points than needed (if i had of only got MM i would still get in).
    hope that helps!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.