Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

i cant wait to move in either! just want to start buying things now!! :smile:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 21
Im applying for the studio apartment in opal court, is the entire rent covered by su#tudent loans and so-forth or do u have to pay a percentage, also do you have to pay for council tax, gas/electricity and water rates ?
and ive only seen the online university page for accomadation so im not really sure what to expect when i get there.....info would be a great help. ^-^
www.opalcourt-leeds.co.uk

i think the gas, electricity heating etc r all included in the rent. not sure about the whole payment situation. im paying for mine with part of the bursary i get for my course and my mum and dad will be putting money in my account to cover the rest of the costs.

what r u studying?
Reply 23
Barughy
Im applying for the studio apartment in opal court, is the entire rent covered by su#tudent loans and so-forth or do u have to pay a percentage, also do you have to pay for council tax, gas/electricity and water rates ?
and ive only seen the online university page for accomadation so im not really sure what to expect when i get there.....info would be a great help. ^-^

Are you going to be paying for the room or your parents ?
If you are, you have to pay for the entire rent. You'r student loan will give you enough to cover the rent, but you won't have much if any left over. Rents usually paid in 3 parts, One at the beggining, one around Jan, and one around April, you can choose to pay it monthly though.

Haven't got a clue bout the bills etc, most halls will cover those expenses.

Hope that helps!
Reply 24
heya! I've put non smoking, mixed and fairly sociable too !! Has everyone applied for studio flats though? I've applied for an ensuite room, normal not deluxe. Anyone else done the same?
I emailed asking a few questions like prices for the club, and they said they weren't 100% sure but around £25 a month!
Xx
Reply 25
ps: Im doing Dietetics, sorry pauline it's taken me a while to reply hehe! You'll be studying in the civic quarter too im guessing? :smile: xx
yup lol. my friends doin dietetics at the moment at leeds met! we hav the same preferences for accomm 4 opal - mite end up in same flat! never kno! lol
Reply 27
Hey everyone, ive put non smoking and lively!! Im kinda let down, Opal courts is nice and all, but Kirkstall has got a mint bar. Quite a few of my friends have family stayed there for there first year, ive had to leave applying late cos i couldnt afford the 200 quid straight away.
Beggers cant be choosers tho eh?

Leon. x
Reply 28
bigleo
Hey everyone, ive put non smoking and lively!! Im kinda let down, Opal courts is nice and all, but Kirkstall has got a mint bar. Quite a few of my friends have family stayed there for there first year, ive had to leave applying late cos i couldnt afford the 200 quid straight away.
Beggers cant be choosers tho eh?

Leon. x

Yeh that bothered me too at first. But Opal court is a lot closer to the town centre than Kirkstall, so we can go round town!! Don't worry we'll make it fun :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 29
Yeeah I spose. Have you been out in Leeds before? Ive been a few times now, Ive found headingly to be such good a night out. And you will never ever EVER have to treck for decent food, bloody surrounded by it!

I put up a thread to get people posting pics up. But about 20 people have looked at it and not bothered!! Shame on you!
No point of gettin to know people on here if you dont have a clue who they are when your at LeedsMet!

Over n Out,
leon. x
Reply 30
bigleo

I put up a thread to get people posting pics up. But about 20 people have looked at it and not bothered!! Shame on you!
No point of gettin to know people on here if you dont have a clue who they are when your at LeedsMet!

Over n Out,
leon. x

datz coz u iz a pervert innit.

x
dan who's u 2 talk lol!!:P
luv ya really!!
x
Reply 32
lollipopsticks
dan who's u 2 talk lol!!:P
luv ya really!!
x

:pwnd:
Reply 33
x_pauline_x
is opal court for leeds uni and leeds met students?

saw u were tlkaing about liberty park too. i got to have a look around on the open day and its put me off! the security is good, altho u have to sign every visitor in and out. the flats r nice, rooms r ok, bit smaller than i thought but the ensuites are tiny! they r like portaloos in ur room. not the nicest ive seen.

ill be studying at civic quarter - think im gona either apply for opal court or mill street?

heya just found this site and felt much better there are other people in the same situation as im in... me and a close friend of mine wil be staying in opal courts but im a bit unsure now... :-S what is the city like... the day we went to visit the place was manic, espically the whether...anyone else staying in opal courts??
Reply 34
emi-lu
ps: Im doing Dietetics, sorry pauline it's taken me a while to reply hehe! You'll be studying in the civic quarter too im guessing? :smile: xx

hi btw...tho i dont kno u... me n a mate r studying in civic and will be staying at opal... btw... dumb question but im a bit dumb...my mate got a letter sent back from leeds met asking if shes a home student...what the hells that...got any ideas??
mayb if shes stayin at home so she doesnt need accomodation??
im goin to opal too
Reply 37
Hi!ive applied for opal court accomm n i wa just wantin to find others that have to!i think it sounds really good and lovin the facilities they offer!i asked for non smokin, mixed and very lively!
Reply 38
bigleo
Yeeah I spose. Have you been out in Leeds before? Ive been a few times now, Ive found headingly to be such good a night out. And you will never ever EVER have to treck for decent food, bloody surrounded by it!

Over n Out,
leon. x

Sorry its taken me so long to reply! I've been up a couple of times, but just looked at the uni then went shopping and stuff :tongue: Didn't go out in the eve as my dear mother was with me lol! Loved the city though! And mmmmm fooood! I've got one of those "itchy guides" to leeds, looks like there's loads of mad places to go! Can't wait!!

Not sure about pics, maybe we could all arrange to meet somewhr when we get thr lol?

Oo and Wanda yeh I agree with lollipopsticks, I think it's if you live at home and comute to uni for classes!

Em Xx
Reply 39
Wahey, I visited Liberty and Opal today.

I've definately decided Opal. I chose non-smoking, fairly sociable and mixed. And I also requested a nice window view too lol. Hopefully I'll be there aye, look forward to seeing yas.

My MSN is BandanaDan@_pleaseremovethis_hotmail.com ^_^

x

Latest

Trending

Trending