Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    Hmm. I don't really like all this opera-y stylee Metalliness. The only female-fronted band I can think of that I like is Lacuna Coil. And not JUST because I fancy Cristina Scabbia.

Oh, and Arch Enemy of course. But then it's easy to forget their singer is a woman
    hehehe, well I'm not that fond of Tarja either, just Tuomos Holopainen's lyrics and overall keyboardness! :cool:

Anyway night !

:snoozing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I can hardly understand a word of German (except for 'gesicht', thanks to Till's obsession with the word) but I've had friends explaining the song meanings to me and yes, they're really quite disturbing. :p:

I think you're right, Rosenrot will probably get them a load of new fans. Benzin went down really well.

Ah yes. My friend liked Benzin 'cos he wants a huge fire engine like the one in the video.

I'm planning on studying German at uni in September, so I really should be able to understand the songs (unfortunately for me, maybe ... Feuer Und Wasser is really disgusting, have your friends told you about that one?)

I probably know of the meaning behind it but I can't remember being told. Hehehe, I wonder if you'll appreciate them more when you can speak fluent German... it could put you off completely, actually. But let's hope not.

ReputationRep:
    well Till basically sings about enjoying swimming behind a lady as she does the breast stroke, so he can stare at her crotch ...

... the dirty, dirty man.

I think they are pretty big in Germany, so I imagine it's not too much of a problem...

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooo rammstein, they be genius.

The lyrics be very disturbing, check them out for yourself http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics

well Till basically sings about enjoying swimming behind a lady as she does the breast stroke, so he can stare at her crotch ...

... the dirty, dirty man.

I think they are pretty big in Germany, so I imagine it's not too much of a problem...
    Hehehe, nice.

Yeah, they can top the charts in Germany. It's a shame that won't happen here (yet). It can't be the music that's putting people off because it isn't all that heavy. It's probably just the fact that they're singing in German, and German's seen as an ugly language.

ReputationRep:
    i am a big metal fan, mainly rammstein but i do listen to a lot of other bands.I just found rammstein appealing because of their weird "arty" videos, then i became a fan lol

(Original post by angaltrust)
    i am a big metal fan, mainly rammstein but i do listen to a lot of other bands.I just found rammstein appealing because of their weird "arty" videos, then i became a fan lol
    They do have some fantastic-looking videos, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    I like a bit of heavy & power metal... iron maiden & edguy

ReputationRep:
    Are there any Metalheads in here? Thrash/Speed/Power/Heavy/Death/Black it's all good. Except Nu Metal of course. And Hair Metal.

I am currently into an extremely awesome UK Black Metal band by the name of Anaal Nathrakh ... even though my friends take the mickey 'cos I like a band called "Anal Napsack" :confused: Any sympathisers?
    Anal Napsack?! they sound pretty good... and im a closet fan of "metal" as it were...

I see your from chichester.. well snap, me too...

Not many local "metal" bands round here not that i know of anyway..

Might be some, who play in the "Chichester Inn", but ive never seen them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    They do have some fantastic-looking videos, don't they?
    lol, of course they do. i have recently seen their newest video. quite entertaining providing that your parents are not standing behind you (oops)

(Original post by angaltrust)
    lol, of course they do. i have recently seen their newest video. quite entertaining providing that your parents are not standing behind you (oops)
    The Mann Gegen Mann video? :p: Ahhh yes.

(Original post by A_ndy_)
    and im a closet fan of "metal" as it were...
    You're a closet metal fan, sir? :eek: Har, come out of that closet and share your love of metal. :p: Who are you into?

POWER METAL. Wow, Blind Guardian and Statrovarius are very, very good.

[WARNING: POSTING WHEN DRUNK - VIEWS MAY NOT REFLECT TRUE OPINION BUT PROBABLY DO]

EDIT: Put a bloody comma where there should be a full stop.

ReputationRep:
    HUGE metal fan here. Here's my band list:

Alice In Chains, Anthrax, Beyond Fear, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Corrosion Of Conformity, Death, Dio, Down, Dream Theater, Exhorder, Fear Factory, Halford, High On Fire, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kreator, Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Mastodon, Megadeth, Meshuggah, Metallica, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Opeth, Pantera, Possessed, Prong, Queensryche, Sepultura, Shadows Fall, Slayer, Tool, Type O Negative, Venom.

I also like quite a few other bands that aren't strictly metal but are still heavy rock like Clutch, Danzig, Faith No More, Helmet, Joe Satriani, Kyuss, Melvins and Suicidal Tendencies.

Oh, and Rammstein suck balls! Give me Ministry anyday!

YES! Yes I am. You haven't heard of any bands I like because I am better than you :P

I am, of course, joking. I got into Metal because of Rammstein (German is such a brilliant language for the genre) and System of a Down. Who I am still proud to number among my favourite bands. And next week I am seeing Fear Factory. I quite like Industrial Metal .. (even though Fear Factory only JUST qualify as industrial)

I'm getting into heavier stuff lately, though. I am currently enjoying some Grindcore, such as Nasum (which is unfortunate as they've split up :/ ). And of course the aforementioned Black Metal. But I like it fast, none of this dull Ambient stuff.
    Oooh, me liking Rammstein and SOAD.
    Recomend me stuff people! What is this Nasum and Fear Factory?

ReputationRep:
    what i've heard of anaal nathrakh i like. why did you exclude nu metal? sure, its popularity surge a few years ago led to a lot of rubbish, but there's still some good stuff. i really like a lot of deftones, and earlier fear factory (is your sn taken from the album or the book out of interest?).

i'd say my favourite genre is black, but i try to listen to the whole range of metal listen.

the only areas i haven't really got interested in are "classic" metal (iron maiden, priest, sabbath etc.) and the epic/power metally stuff.

ReputationRep:
    The album And I wasn't being 100% serious when I excluded nu metal, but it's fashionable to rubbish the genre and you know I'd hate to be seen as different in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Oooh, me liking Rammstein and SOAD.
    Recomend me stuff people! What is this Nasum and Fear Factory?
    Nasum! Fantabulous grindcore. Which means all their songs are about 1 minute long but rather fast Hearing Nasum made Napalm Death return to their grind beginnings, so they must be good.

ReputationRep:
    ARRRG! Yo-less def check out fear factory, you'll like them! Im going "arrrg" cos theyre playing soon, people here are seeing them..and I cant afford to!!
    Ive met byron stroud, at a strapping young lad gig, and he is so ****ing awesome!
    I like thrash, like anthrax, slayer, megadeth, metallica, early sepultura..
    ( I also like new sepultura (partly because theyre good and partly because i met derrick green at a soil gig and he said i was cool because of my slayer shirt and talking and stuff))
    I like other genres of metal too, and like soulfly, american head charge, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, soad, spineshank, arch enemy are awesome.. bands such as them!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.