Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Resident Evil 4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what enemies are there then? and who are the bosses? any zombies?

ReputationRep:
    It's brilliant, I'd reccomend the PS2 version, (only because that's what I played it on :p:). The previews for the PC version have said it's crap, and not a patch on console versions. I've also got a mate who has been playing the Wii version and he said it's really good.

No there are no zombies. The bosses are dumbledore, Homer Simpson and Mario.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    No there are no zombies. The bosses are dumbledore, Homer Simpson and Mario.

:rofl:
    must be a good game then lol, damn your sarcasm :p:

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at the following:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charact...esident_Evil_4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...il_4_creatures

ReputationRep:
    it looks bloody immense! i hope i can play it on my dolby surround sound.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there AREN'T any zombies. Technically. They're "Las Plagas"... parasites that take over a living human host. Basically they're LIKE zombies (although smarter, they can talk and use tools / weapons) but since they're not actually dead, they're not Zombies :p:.

Also they're nowhere near as scary as zombies... a large part of why I didn't find Resi 4 scary, but the previous ones terrified me. Not much scares me - but I hate zombies .

ReputationRep:
    Buy this game NOW.
    Seriously, my favourite game. Ever.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Basically it's a very linear game and this is its strongest point, insofar as in previous resi games you would always get lost, or go forward and back solving impossible puzzles.

resi 4 is more like: kick down door and blow diseased peoples' heads off with a double barrelled shoutgun before the stick of dynamite that they have thrown at you explodes etc etc. very fast paced and generallyy brill.

any more questions?

ReputationRep:
    multiplayer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopCat06)
    multiplayer?
    IIRC, no.

ReputationRep:
    no... didn't affect me though, as it wouldn't really suit the game

ReputationRep:
    Is there not a Resi 5 out soon?

(Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Actually, there AREN'T any zombies. Technically. They're "Las Plagas"... parasites that take over a living human host. Basically they're LIKE zombies (although smarter, they can talk and use tools / weapons) but since they're not actually dead, they're not Zombies :p:.

Also they're nowhere near as scary as zombies... a large part of why I didn't find Resi 4 scary, but the previous ones terrified me. Not much scares me - but I hate zombies .
    Good point. There are Alien like things too (Las Plagas people being scientifically worked on), that take ages to kill. Unless you just pop a few magnum bullets in their head.

ReputationRep:
    The PC version nowhere near as good as the console versions according to the review on gamespot.(http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/...summary;review) I've had the cube version, played on the PS2 version and have got the Wii version and the Wii version with the new controls is a lot better. The whole game feels smoother and the controls are very intuitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History_Boys)
    Is there not a Resi 5 out soon?
    Summary:
    Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi revealed new game details to popular Japanese gaming mag Famitsu this week including confirmation of Chris Redfield being the game's protagonist.

Full Text:
    This content requires flash player 8. Go install the latest version now!

Resident Evil 5 will take place 10 years after the first Raccoon Incident in the original Resident Evil game. Returning from the first game is former S.T.A.R.S. member Chris Redfield who will be the main playable character as shown in the newest E3 trailer.

"What has happened to Chris during these 10 years? By showing his past, we can begin to unravel things that were not resolved in Resident Evil 4. In fact, Resident Evil 5 will retain most of its gameplay style [from Resident Evil 4] with some new features which I cannot talk about yet at this point," producer Takeuchi said as transcribed by 1UP.

Redfield, now said to work for an organization called BSAA, was sent to an unidentified location (presumably a prominent voodoo region as shown in the trailer) to engage in some investigatory journalism of a special case.

The producer commented that the game will make heavy use of light and darkness saying, "For example, as Chris enters a building, his eyes will gradually adjust to the dark indoors. The same can be said with the opposite where stepping out from a dark place would cause glare to his eyes."

Some other minor plot details were also divulged. "The enemies this time are not zombies nor are they Los Ganados either, but are quite smart, human-like creatures. One of the main themes in this game is that Chris is fighting for a cause that is not really clear. Is he fighting for good or evil?"

Resident Evil 5 hits both PS3 and Xbox 360 sometime in 2008.
    There ya go. Though there has been rumours of not being released til '09.

ReputationRep:
    It's not my favourite of the Resident Evil games but I would definetly recommend it, it's more fast-paced and has more action than the previous games.
    I wasn't so fond of the Plagas over the previous slow zombies but I thought the bosses and slightly less common enemies were really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I thought it was out on the Cube cos I'm sure I saw it was always in top ten votes for the best cube games. I better look for it second hand then.
    It was a GC exclusive. Then it got whored out by Capcom.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo I just finished it on pro :p: I even managed to get all the bottlecaps
    It was pretty difficult for me.

Now I just have to get 5* ratings on all the mercenary minigames.....

ReputationRep:
    And just to contribute to the discussion... I preferred the las plagas enemies to regular dull zombies. It was far better suited to the more action-oriented gameplay of the game (imagine having all that firepower and just fighting slow-moving zombies!).

The bosses in resi 4 were, without exception, awesome although the final one is quite easy, especially if you have the mine thrower (compare him with Krauser or "It" .. piece of cake really).

I LOVE the interactive cutscenes, and the way they gradually got harder culminating in the fight with Krauser 4/5 through the game. However, I agree with whoever it was who said the dialogue was too cheesy sometimes. I don't mind some goofy dialogue in a computer game but resi 4 was just too much sometimes, especially the little guy who looked like a mini Mozart. I thought I was going to die simply from the terrible drivel that escaped his mouth whenever I had the misfortune of conversing with him...

Ah well. One other thing I didn't like was Ashley. She was far too hot for my liking.

(Original post by Tabris)
    It was a GC exclusive. Then it got whored out by Capcom.
    Then it shouldn't be so hard for me to find it second hand. Excellent.

I also agree with onearmedbandit, I think the "las Plagas" people are better than actual Zombies, in that thwey can think and do things, operate machinery and attack you, rather than just walking aimlessly around, which is what the old games seemed to involve.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.