Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Virginity and pregnancy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Stress and worrying about something like this can affect your periods too, which would probably account for the lateness/absence. Like everyone else has said, its really, really unlikely, damn near impossible in fact, that you're pregnant. Probably doing a test would ease your state of mind.

Take a test, then you will know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    When I first read this I thought you were basically saying:

"Me and my boyfriend were kissing each other in our pants, am I pregnant?"

Its pretty damn hard to get pregnant unless a man ejaculates inside you, and even then, its not a certainty, just think of the amount of people who actively try to have a child together but get nowhere/take forever.

actually the younger you are the more fertile you are... its much easier for a younger person to concieve than an older person... which is usually when most of the 'trying' takes place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo XII)
    I just checked outside and there is no bright shining star, wise men or farm animals so im sure you're not pregnant
    :rofl:

To the OP - I really don't think there's much of a chance that you're pregnant, but if you're worried, take a test just to reassure yourself. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    i don't know much about this, but some stuff i do know (mostly because of our great bio teacher).

apparantly sperm doesn't live long outside the vagina/uterus, so it's hard to get pregnant if your bf didnt ejaculate "inside" you. so i really wouldn't worry. it's basically the same thing as there being sperm on the sheets. if you rubbed against it (with or without pants), you are HIGHLY unlikely to get pregnant. remember, sperm cells need to swim to get to the ovum, and they can't swim if there's no watery stuff (i.e. fluid, etc). so honestly don't worry. and also, let's suppose that ONE sperm cell got through your pants (which, i guarantee you, is really really unlikely), that ONE sperm cell is even less likely to fertilise your ovum, because not all sperms survive!

really, my advice is: DO NOT WORRY, YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. and just to be on the safe side, as some ppl have suggested, buy a pregnancy test! remember you're still a teenager/young adult and it's likely that there are menstruation shifts, it's not always "on time" or it doesn't really come regularly

once again, YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT!

ps: i know some of my descriptions are kind of gruesome and graphic.... but that's just the "reality" of life... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Am worried about when he "pre ejaculated" cos he had his hands down my pants but I don't think he touched himself right after touching me and vice versa, we just slept in the same bed that night afterwards so if he did wipe his hand on the sheets then touched me we should be ok? . Am just getting all sorts of weird cravings and been moody/emotional lately, so it's just stressing me out even more and the light very minimal bleeding the other day is what worries me the most because that has never happened before in my menstrual cycle. He kept his pants on the whole time that night so am hoping that it's not possible that he could soak through that layer when he was with me? I know I probably sound silly to the rest of you lot, but am just really paranoid that's something wrong . I would rather not take the pregnancy test right now cos it might be too early and would rather just go through the ordeal once by opting for a blood test just to get more accuracy the first time around and a peace of mind!
    it's unlikely that you're pregnant but like I said, if I were you I'd take a test just to make sure that I'm not. You are obviously not ready for a baby and I suggest you don't WAIT till the baby is beyond abortion age (if that's the path you're gonna take) before you take the pregnancy test. Don't wait. Do it NOW.

You are not pregnant. You can feel the "symptoms" because you are *looking for them*!! If you think about it, even if some of his sperm got near your vagina, it would have to travel up for like 15 cm before it would be where it needs to be for pregnating you. There is a chance, but very very tiny, nothing to worry about. The fact that you are late is because you've got this massive stress "am I pregnant", and you say your periods are not regular anyway. DON'T WORRY! And let us know how you get on P

I've had the same worry 2 weeks ago.
    Dont laugh at me, but here's my story! I was in the shower and reached for my sponge and noticed something white on it, so I washed it off (thought it was a shampoo). The I showered and rubbed my whole body with the sponge. Then I thought "eeeeugh, what if this white stuff was my brothers sperm ewwww!!!" I thought just like you that there is a chance, and I've been sick worried for 2 weeks (I mean, virgin and pregnant with her own brothers sperm?!). And today I had my period, right on the spot, 28 days I just feel stupid for even thinking I was pregnant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky68M)
    i'd suggest you go and buy a pregnancy test.

I have heard that when you are pregnant, your breasts increase in size quite quickly.

Good Luck
    Mine did that (not that i was pregnant), in fact i actually had a lot of pregnancy symptoms once...its amazing how sheer paranoia can affect your body :eek:

and you go to home bargains there pregnancy tests are only £1.99

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the sound advise Went to the health centre today and had a pregnancy test done and it came out negative (thank God! ). The nurse said that hopefully my cycle would go back to its norm next month. So finally I can breathe again and put my mind to rest. Really learned from this scary experience and am not going to let him touch me again :mad:. Can't handle the guilty conscience and anxiety, it was driving me mad! But he was nice and supportive when we had our talk last night about the possible scenarios of what if I was, so guess that's another good thing that came out of this scare in knowing that he would respect my decision either way and be responsible as well.

(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    in fact i actually had a lot of pregnancy symptoms once...its amazing how sheer paranoia can affect your body :eek:
    You can say that again! Couldn't get a decent night's rest, kept going over the symptoms over in my head (the cravings, the bloating, feeling queasy, emotional/moody, spotting etc....). Hopefully after the good news I can relax a bit and concentrate on revision now.

Thanks again everyone:hugs:

(Original post by shinytoy)
    hey girl!

:top: good on you for waiting until marriage! im doing the same, so dont feel alone. its the best way!

another thing - even though you are just touching each other and not planning to have sex, if you ant to be extra safe in case things get out of hand, you can get the Pill from the doc's for free. and remember STDs can come from oral sex not just normal intercourse.
    Hi there,

Thanks, likewise good on you for waiting Am the only virgin amongst my mates and relatives (and I think most of them would be surprised to know that I am one! So it's nice to run into someone whom I can relate a bit more with.

Appreciate the advise. We haven't engaged in oral sex and I don't want to do any of that. After this pregnancy scare, kissing is all I can handle right about now:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.