Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

white patches on teeth watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much tap water you drank? Depends what area you live in as to how much fluoride is in the tap water etc..

ReputationRep:
    I have them too, but i think it just makes my teeth look cleaner!!
    I think mines lack of calcium.

ReputationRep:
    apparently its the start of tooth decay.

Must go to see a dentist to catch it out early as I have stopped drinking water and brushing my teeth

ReputationRep:
    i have that on my front teeth. believe its fluorosis as others have mentioned.

mum gave me fluoride drops when i was a kid to make sure i had relatively good teeth - which i do

it looks a bit funny i guess but i dont mind too much.

ReputationRep:
    Ok its defo not a lack of calcium.
    White specks on teeth are dental fluorosis which is from over exposure to fluoride from many things such as water ( hence the controversy over fluoridation of water supplies).
    You cant get rid of it, see your dentist about what options you have, they will all be cosmetic eg veneers.

ReputationRep:
    can it grow larger?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.