x Turn on thread page Beta

97% of women unhappy with their figure-official! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrbraincell)
    more than 3 percent of women are hot tho :confused:
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anyone's entirely happy with their appearance. I mean.... no one's perfect, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggles)
    I doubt anyone's entirely happy with their figure. I mean.... no one's perfect, right?
    i am

5000 Grazia readers is hardly representative of the population

ReputationRep:
    I would think that a lot of women don't like their bodies...mainly because of the media..but hey..if you dont like it, dont look at it...I know I'm fine...i dont need someone to tell me that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    there was an article just on the bt yahoo homepage that only 1 in 50 women in the UK is happy withe their body. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/11042006/35...te-bodies.html

surveys are useless for this though anyhoo unless they're going to ask every single women in the world!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    We must all fight against the media!

I'm 5"3 and weigh 120 pounds!

See it's easy!

Be proud of your body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    97% of women in their carefully controlled and statistically reliable GMTV supersurvey prefer whiskers.
    Hahaha, very good.

of course they wont be happy, if you never seek to improve then your giving up!

You also have to remember that the writers of such articles have a motive in mind- they're not going to write an article saying: "46% of women are not happy with their appearance", because people would say: "46%? That isn't particularly high..so what is it trying to say?".

I remember when we had to do an English oral on a classmate, and when you asked the questions beforehand to find out things about them, you already were tending to steer it in a particular direction, otherwise you would just have a speech with a few loose points strung together.

They did that survey already trying to prove something, so they're not going to print a fairly average number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianist)
    We must all fight against the media!

I'm 5"3 and weigh 120 pounds!

See it's easy!

Be proud of your body!
    but that is avarage???! I'm sorry not really a confession:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    but that is avarage???! I'm sorry not really a confession:p:
    My BMI is 21 so should be average I guess.

screw BMI, is your body as leen as you want it to be?

(dont answer)

ReputationRep:
    hehe well my body is perfect imo. (as in I'm perfectly happy with it)

"More than half of those questioned were also disappointed by their breasts, feet, face, neck, hands and fingers, teeth, hair, chunky arms and legs and "muffin tops" - rolls of fat sticking out over their waistband."

That doesn't really leave any other options..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    I remember when we had to do an English oral on a classmate
    Blimey, never did anything like that at my school! I suppose they only do that sort of thing in mixed schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    "muffin tops" - rolls of fat sticking out over their waistband."
    They should buy bigger trousers then!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The findings of that survey really aren't surprising especially with all the media coverage and those gossip mags don't help: "OMG she's too thin!" and then right next to it "OMG she's too fat!!"....Did anyone see Extreme on Living Tv2 yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    i was in the hairdressers when i heard that on the radio and it said 98% of women are unhappy with the way they look and some of those women think about it once every fifteen minutes!

ReputationRep:
    Question: do you ever see women in the media working hard, being successful & funky and not dressed up? I can only think of the lady gardener (Dimmock?). Also look at films; when do you see strong, friking cool women who aren't dressed up as sex objects? Rare isn't it?

I don't blame the media much (I blame other women) but still, its annoying.

Someone sort it out please.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.