Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sheffield or Birmingham for International Relations? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Alright, yeah I do realise that not everyone can come and visiot their choices for many different reasons, not least money or transport. But thats good, I don't really think that you can go wrong between Sheffield and B'ham. They are both good schoold! The deciding factor for me was that B'has offers pure International Relations (much focus of crisis management, negotiation and conflict solution) while sheffield offers politics and IR and has more Brittish politics in the BA. And the fact that B'ham offers only 10 places for the Ba in IR (2 classes with 5 people in each). Well anyways cheers and hafe vun. Hope we meet someday later in life!

ciao
    /9mm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    I doubt it, plus Durham's politics dept isn't all that great, Sheffield and Birmingham are certainly better.
    Really , i thought Durham had one of the best politics departments, according to my form tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengal_tiger)
    Really , i thought Durham had one of the best politics departments, according to my form tutor
    Nope, it's good of course, but not great.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sheffield is 4th biggest city but with something like the 24th highest crime rate which isnt bad.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Sheffield is the safest of the biggest cities in the country!!!

South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield City Council and the uni are always using this fact!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.