Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Downloaded it yesterday and am impressed.
    Best songs imo are: you're all I have, Make this go on forever and Shut your eyes.
    Not sure if prefer it to Final Straw yet though

ReputationRep:
    The album is fab. I think "You're all I Have" is probably my fave, but the other songs are really good. I especially love the duet with Martha Wainwright.

ReputationRep:
    I heard a song from it on tv today, might download it from itunes, dunno yet, their old stuff is quite boring. Seem to have "rocked" up a bit in my opinion.. little less boring.. a BIT..

ReputationRep:
    I got to go to their secret gig which was shown on e4 and will be on channel 4 friday night about 11pm or so. They were awesome! I preordered their album of cd-wow and theyve had problems with their supply so i wont get it for ages!! im so gutted!! need to hear the whole album and songs all the way through instead of just samples on the website. my friends bought it so ill get to hear it tomorrow night finally!!

(Original post by za4r)
    why would you want to???????????????????????:confused: :confused:
    Does that post even mean anything? Nobody said that you'd want to. That doesn't even make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Does that post even mean anything? Nobody said that you'd want to. That doesn't even make sense.
    actually reading your post again your probably right

ReputationRep:
    I'm impressed, expected to hate it as I'm really bored with Final Straw but I've gotta hand it to them, this album is quite good.
    Nothing special. But quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd definately say it's an improvement, liking the more rocky sound and so hopefully this will sway a few people I know who thought all Final straw's songs started in the same way (which I haven't checked out really), but yeah, good stuff, keep the improving bands coming!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I just brought this album and it sounds good especially the 1st two tracks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that has BOUGHT/LISTENED to the FULL:confused: album (not just heard a few tracks) would you reccomend bying it or not:confused: :confused: :confused:

so far the reviews seem positive but should i get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by za4r)
    Anyone that has BOUGHT/LISTENED to the FULL:confused: album (not just heard a few tracks) would you reccomend bying it or not:confused: :confused: :confused:

so far the reviews seem positive but should i get it?
    I have listened to the whole thing and would recommend it, that's just my opinion though

I've listened to the whole thing now (thanks to MSN Music... I miss that thing) but only once, and I didn't think much of it. It wasn't bad but I liked Final Straw more. It might be the kind of album that grows on you, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itchynscratchy)
    I have listened to the whole thing and would recommend it, that's just my opinion though
    Seconded

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could listen to the whole thing.. but my silly little ipod decided to die.. damn piece of ****

From what ive heard so far, i am impressed..

ReputationRep:
    Its awesome. The album as a whole is amazing, and garys voice os gorgeous as always. Theres so many songs I love already and others which i first wasnt sur eof but after repeated listens have grown on me so much. the sound is louder and they have gone a bit rockier, but still keeping the melodic, quirky, softer ballads. AND this time round its easier to link the track name with the song, cos i had major problems with that on Final Straw, lol.

Edit: woo my 400th post. also, thinking about it more. I think this album was/is easier to get into then final straw. maybe its cos Ive heard some of the songs before the album came out or I just know (and love) the snow patrol sound more then when I bought final straw, but yeah, have found it easier

ReputationRep:
    As a Snow Patrol fan i have to say that I think that whilst their new album is still very good (way better than a lot of stuff out there), for me it doesn't beat Final Straw. Saying that though I went to see them play live in London last night and a lot of the new songs were better to listen to live as they had a fester tempo. Shut your eyes, You're all I have, and Headlights on dark roads all stood out for me. I hope they don't go the way of other bands and fade away because they have real talent.

ReputationRep:
    got it today............only listened to it once and seems alright but i know it'll grow on me after a few listens (i felt the same with athletes: tourist)....the only thing i bought the special edition because there were no normal editions which cost me an extra 2 quid....whats the diffrence?????:confused:

ReputationRep:
    what the hell: is it me or does the sound remind people of the editors e.g. Track 2 (forgot the name). the best song on there is by far 'Your all i have'.

But in general it's a bit jumpy from one sound and it's definately much more rockier than i expected. Also a few albyum fillers within. but overall it's good. 7/10

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference then? I've d/lded it for now, plan on getting it though, I rate songs I really like on media player with 5 stars and that album has about 8 or so I think so that can give you some impression.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been a huge Snow Patrol fan (quite indifferent to it actually), but this album has totally won me over. Impressive, nothing less.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.