Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    you have PM.

regards
    --marty
    ok

ReputationRep:
    That should be a last resort because she could lose some work :|. Try flipping it sideways like you said it worked... should help you read things.

Hmm this suggests system restore first :| , but only if you have those graphics cards, it might be right even if you dont though..-
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...name=c00058623

ReputationRep:
    Whenever i use system restore i never lose my most recent work

ReputationRep:
    have you solved it?

ReputationRep:
    LOL i just cant help but watch how hard both rahmed and marty are trying to get the rep...its funny to watch lol

ReputationRep:
    go away you have too much rep already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    LOL i just cant help but watch how hard both rahmed and marty are trying to get the rep...its funny to watch lol
    ..i'm bored out of my ass, should be revising and need 1 more bit of rep to get two the magic 3 gems..why not!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    You will lose:

(Original post by http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_restore.htm)

The following are not restored by System Restore:

DRM settings
    Passwords in the SAM hive.
    WPA settings (Windows authentication information is not restored)
    Specific directories/files listed in the Monitored File Extensions list in the System Restore section of the Platform SDK e.g. 'My Documents' folder.
    Any file types not monitored by System Restore like personal data files e.g. .doc, .jpg, .txt etc.
    Items listed in both Filesnottobackup and KeysnottoRestore (hklm->system->controlset001->control->backuprestore->filesnottobackup and keysnottorestore) in the registry.
    User-created data stored in the user profile
    Contents of redirected folders

edit: haha you all have too much rep

ReputationRep:
    btw have you tried just taking the power cable out and plugging it back in ? lol

ReputationRep:
    ^ lol, that's another thing...totally never even thought of that :confused:

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    but it doesn't always work becuase the settings are saved, you need to reset them or do it from the OS

ReputationRep:
    Try lowering the screen refresh rate. Right-click on the desktop, click on Properties, Settings tab, Advanced, Monitor tab.

Restarting didnt work

I've done it, I right clicked on the desktop and selected Graphics options then there was a rotate thing.

ReputationRep:
    i thought so

Why didn't you say that then? There was no rotate thing on the display settings in the control panel.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I've done it, I right clicked on the desktop and selected Graphics options then there was a rotate thing.
    We all kinda said that if you re read them lol, its just a different way of getting there. You can go through the control panel or right click on the desktop

ReputationRep:
    so...you owe us all some rep

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.