Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The most shocking moment on TV watch

ReputationRep:
    9/11, the July London bombings and the Tsunami. Oh, and probably the aftermath of the Columbine (spelling?) shootings.

ReputationRep:
    If you are going for 'oh my god can they really televise this?' probably when Chapelle was executed in 24.

That or, of course, when the second plane hit the South WTC tower live on tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    Name was Clint Marlarchuk, playing for Buffalo.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/..._accident.html

ps, this IS a nasty accident. If you don't like blood, DON'T WATCH IT!
    Christ. I bet the vision of looking down at a puddle of his own blood and feeling the warm fluid running down his neck will keep him awake for a few nights to come.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, oh my god, itv2, worlds most shocking police shoot outs.... easily the most shocking thing ive seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spunk trumpet)
    Christ. I bet the vision of looking down at a puddle of his own blood and feeling the warm fluid running down his neck will keep him awake for a few nights to come.
    I can't get the video to play, not sure i really wanna see it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    when alan Hansen shaved his mustache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    Name was Clint Marlarchuk, playing for Buffalo.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/..._accident.html

ps, this IS a nasty accident. If you don't like blood, DON'T WATCH IT!
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    9/11 and London bombing easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GerardT)
    If you are going for 'oh my god can they really televise this?' probably when Chapelle was executed in 24.
    omg man that was so sad... what series was it? was it the 3rd one?

ReputationRep:
    9/11. watching the plane fly into the second tower live and hearing the live coverage of people's boides hitting the ground.

ReputationRep:
    The film 'Audition'... gruesome much.

ReputationRep:
    9/11 was horrendous. I remember everything I did that day after seeing the news when I came home from school. Plus that macabre decapitation video in Iraq which was all over the internet 2 years ago. I've never seen it but the thought of it alone makes me v. ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ant1337)
    That was horrific. Actually there were a lot of things on 24 that shocked me.

Other things that shock me on tv is when they film people's open grief. I hate it more than anything. If Ive just found out someone I love has been killed I dont want it shown on tv.

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but think of a "Your face comment" here.

But seriously - The most shocking? Here

(Original post by stratomaster)
    when alan Hansen shaved his mustache
    I'm assuming you mean Mark Lawrenson. I can't imagine Hansen ever having a moustache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo)
    I can't get the video to play, not sure i really wanna see it anyway.
    I don't think you do.

Oh my God, I'm still clutching my neck, Jesus...

*coughs*

Ouch!!

ReputationRep:
    chris waddle's penalty against germany world cup 90. Rumour has it, it still hasn't come down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_cube)
    That was horrific. Actually there were a lot of things on 24 that shocked me.
    I agree, it is a show that really pushes the boundaries. From the time they pretended to shoot that guy's child, to the time Jack shot the guy's wife in the kneecap because he wouldn't talk. Although, I don't think anything on 24, perhaps anything else on tv (excusing real life events) comes close the harrowing raw emotion of that Chapelle episode. Especially since you knew it would be coming and expecting it to not come to that, and then it did, and it was all drawn out.... nasty stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ant1337)
    Third season. Great episode, great show.

Anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead man's shoes)
    chris waddle's penalty against germany world cup 90. Rumour has it, it still hasn't come down.
    :laugh:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.